Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA V did over 3 million first week

Did this surprise you?

yes 40 25.64%

no 116 74.36%

Total:156

What did you expect?

It's GTA.

Around the Network

Expected. On PS4 it sold more than twice as much as XOne.  Some multiplatform games sell so much better than exclusive games lately...

Now just wait and see the Black Friday PS4 GTAV Bundle. It's  gonna be insane.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Sales for this one title across all platform is 36.45m
It's the best selling non-nintendo game of all time
And in 4m will be the second best selling game of all time.
The first being wii sports, which was a bundle game.
The current second place is super mario bros for NES, another bundled game

Well those numbers explain PS4s massive numbers with the bundling and exclusive marketing.

Thanks jlmurph!

I am one of the few people who is surprised. The game sold 34m prior which means tons of people have already played it... I simply don't get everyone rushing out to get a game they played last year and currently have sitting there at home. AT least with TLOU we assumed that there plenty of playstation converts playing it for the first time, it was also released during a dry spell.

A guess GTA really is the most powerful franchise we've ever seen. I wonder when 6 will come out?

Around the Network

The numbers for GTA V are on another league for a non bundled game. One of the best of all times. Now with better graphics and 1st person. It doesnt surprise me. I just bought it last week

I'm glad its a game of quality that gets this attention.

theprof00 said:
And in 4m will be the second best selling game of all time.

It won't, because if you're counting all GTAV's, you must also count all Super Mario Bros. releases. Even discounting Mario All-Stars, the GB and GBA versions of Super Mario Bros already put the total sales of that game at least at 47m (the sales of the GBA version are incomplete on VGC even).

I seem to remember predicting an additional 10m from the next gen/PC versions. They can probably go as high as 15m

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

bananaking21 said:

i remember after E3 the mods showed us their chat and they were talking about how GTA5 next gen wont be a big deal unless its exclusive to PS4 or something. guess they where wrong :P

edit, found it xD

(10:40:11 PM) [New VGC General]: (Johnny RottenWooo GTA
((10:40:54 PM) [New VGC General]: (Johnny RottenThis needs to be exclusive/ timed to matter at all
(10:40:54 PM) [New VGC General]: ("comicsanssucks" George HarrisonIt does indeed

the thread  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184716&page=1

*awkward silence*

The One and Only

VizionEck.com