By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

iceboy151 said:
The Far Cry numbers don't look right.

America - 458,807

Europe - 902,290

All the Far Crys sold better in Europe. It still seems like a larger than expected difference.

Also, GTA 5 on PS4 in Europe almost sold as much as Halo: MCC did on the X1. Crazy the numbers GTA 5 is doing on PS4 alone.

Around the Network

Dammit I was right that DA:I wouldn't make 1 million first week. I take no pleasure in being right because an underwhelming result here will in all likelihood mean the death of the franchise, which would be hugely disappointing to me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So yeah both games GTA V and The last of us are the best on 7th generation and now they bundled on the best console with best version yeah, it's truly deserved for PS4.

PS4 crunching the sales.impressive XOne too hanging in there

tough release week for DA:I though,all these big releases will be bouncing along through the holidays obviously,so DA:I should be fine,wonder what they expect for the RPG

Above & Beyond

CrazyGPU said:

It makes no sense to add PS3 and XBOX 360 numbers. Wii sold more than 102 millon consoles, its the winner of the 7th gen.  Even if PS3 gets to 95, still wont sell more. It was not a win by a large percentage like other gens, but a win after all. Adding PS3 and XBOX is like saying that PS4 is not the winner this year because if you sum Wii U and XBOX ONE are more than 50%,  doesnt make any sense to add Nintendo and Microsoft.   

This long conversation seemed to have started when he disagreed with you saying the Wii owned the generation. While it really did in 07 08 and even 09 by 09 it was no longer having sales of over 50% market share for the year and sales slowed much faster then the other two console

.There is also software where both systems will probably outsell the total Wii software.

The ps4 is actually almost 60% market share for the year.

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:
Some guy said that MS is doing crazy bundles in France with the xbone and 4 games at 399€. Meaning desperate move.

Who is this guy? Is this official or just one store? Either way, what do you expect them to do?

Next week i can see PS4 breaking the 1 million sales. that is just insane numbers

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Good read. Whenever the PS4 does exceptionally well, a lot of people get banned around here. It's a prediction you can never get wrong xD

bubblegamer said:
Good read. Whenever the PS4 does exceptionally well, a lot of people get banned around here. It's a prediction you can never get wrong xD

THat happens with positive threads from any of the big 3, you always have trolls derailing and or bashing something positive. Sad but true. Like if Xbone sells 600k black friday week I'm sure you'll see someone say "those are shit numbers compared to whatever the PS4 does"  

Anyway good number for PS4 and Xbone, everything is is meh. 

BF will be insane for both PS4 and XOne.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.