By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

chocoloco said:
Ka-pi96 said:

chocoloco said:

-qI talk about the US the most because I am an American so the sales here affect me more than sales in other places. There are more Americans on his site than any other nationality by far. So we like to talk about our country.

As a single nationality, yeah probably. But I think there may well be more Europeans here than Americans

Europe has a much bigger population than the US. I am glad for this as America is crowded enough already.

Depends of the area. Some states have close to 2M population and are quite empty.

at OT: fantástic X1 sales and phenomenal Ps4 sales, that is if the numbers are close to reality altough seem overtracked. Happy to see WiiU improve. About people complaining Smash had just 2 days on sale, for the first week those days concentrate most of the sales anyway.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Hmmm... Wii U pretty close to the 3ds in NA.

FATALITY said:
iTechHeads said:
FATALITY said:
iTechHeads said:
PS4 = 15million
XBO = 8million

PS4 lost its 2:1 sales advantage :(

lol

this comment is so clueless

Huh? You denying the facts?

PS4 no longer has a 2:1 sales ratio with the XB1 worldwide.

yeah i know what do u mean, but it doesnt mean that xbox is catching up.

I didn't say it was. PS4 doesn't have a 2:1 advantage anymore. That's all I said. TWICE.

Kerotan said:

Lad GTA 5 X1 is standing up to SSB. BTW GTA 5 is undertracked on here by a lot and SSB likely a bit too. 

Just ur guess out of thin air, or would u like to share more information?
And SSB is totally fine. 420k units first two days, while Nintendo said it was 490k including digital first three days.

Japan just doesnt care.

Wish Sony was more serious about the Vita and Nintendo about the Wii U.
I am convinced the only reason the X1 rebounded is that Microsoft pulled out all the stops. It might cost them a bit for now, but it saved their system from complete doom.

Around the Network
soony_xbone_U said:
Kerotan said:

Lad GTA 5 X1 is standing up to SSB. BTW GTA 5 is undertracked on here by a lot and SSB likely a bit too. 

And SSB is totally fine. 420k units first two days, while Nintendo said it was 490k including digital first three days.

amazon has PS4 GTA 5 in the USA outselling the MCC for november so far. Yet VGchartz has the MCC 100k units higher for opening week. My logical guess is that the MCC is a good bit over tracked or the GTA 5 PS4 is under tracked. Going by the sales on PSN I think it's under tracked or else just has a ridiculously high digital attach ratio. 

Kerotan said:
soony_xbone_U said:
Kerotan said:

amazon has PS4 GTA 5 in the USA outselling the MCC for november so far. Yet VGchartz has the MCC 100k units higher for opening week. My logical guess is that the MCC is a good bit over tracked or the GTA 5 PS4 is under tracked. Going by the sales on PSN I think it's under tracked or else just has a ridiculously high digital attach ratio. 

Amazon has Halo:MCC at #29 (and #33 last week before GTAV came out, because we should not count week 2 sales) on the yearly chart, while GTAV Ps4 is just #54
Preoders count the month the were made on Amazon.

soony_xbone_U said:
Kerotan said:
soony_xbone_U said:
Kerotan said:

Amazon has Halo:MCC at #29 on the yearly chart, while GTAV Ps4 is just #54
Preoders count the month the were made on Amazon.

I didn't know that but that makes sense. So the MCC would have to be under tracked for GTA 5 to also be under tracked. But I think it's EU sales will be much higher for GTA 5 PS4 than it was in the US so that makes sense. 

Kerotan said:
CrazyGPU said:
Its really amazing to see how consumers change. From a dismal hardware console like the Wii, where its hardware is less than my Samsung Galaxy S4, to the PS4 where everybody is talking about its superior hardware.
From casual gamers that care about the new controls, to a 2014 E3 where they didnt show almost any game controled by wii mote, move and kinect gone from the XBONE package.
From a generation owned by Wii with 100 millon consoles sold, to the horrible performance of Wii U.
Its awesome to see how consumers change. I wonder what consumers will consume in 9th gen.

when all is said and done 360 and PS3 will have sold about 190M between them. Wii just over 100M. I don't see how the Wii owned that generation.

Considering the 7th generation over, one year after PS4 and XBOX ONE lauched, the Wii sold 100 M  of consoles , PS3 a little more than 80 and XBOX a little less than PS4. So , the winner of that gen is the Wii. It was a close race at the end, but 20 Millon is still a lot more consoles.  I wish I had the wii to play some high score exclusives, I only own a PS3 from that gen. 

CrazyGPU said:
Kerotan said:
CrazyGPU said:
Its really amazing to see how consumers change. From a dismal hardware console like the Wii, where its hardware is less than my Samsung Galaxy S4, to the PS4 where everybody is talking about its superior hardware.
From casual gamers that care about the new controls, to a 2014 E3 where they didnt show almost any game controled by wii mote, move and kinect gone from the XBONE package.
From a generation owned by Wii with 100 millon consoles sold, to the horrible performance of Wii U.
Its awesome to see how consumers change. I wonder what consumers will consume in 9th gen.

when all is said and done 360 and PS3 will have sold about 190M between them. Wii just over 100M. I don't see how the Wii owned that generation.

Considering the 7th generation over, one year after PS4 and XBOX ONE lauched, the Wii sold 100 M  of consoles , PS3 a little more than 80 and XBOX a little less than PS4. So , the winner of that gen is the Wii. It was a close race at the end, but 20 Millon is still a lot more consoles.  I wish I had the wii to play some high score exclusives, I only own a PS3 from that gen. 

That makes NEGATIVE sense. Have you ever heard a conversation like this:

Person #1 "Yano the PS2 won it's gen with 120M sold". 

Person #2 "I thought it sold 160M"

Person #1 "Nah they don't count cus 40M of those sales came after the PS3 released"

So yeah I will pick the lifetime sales for both consoles. PS3 will easily hit 95M and 360 will come close to that as well. Bottom line Wii dominated nothing over all. And even if yu stopped the other 2 at 80M that's still 160M HD machines versus 100M motion fad machines. 

And