By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Kerotan said:
soony_xbone_U said:

Just ur guess out of thin air, or would u like to share more information?
And SSB is totally fine. 420k units first two days, while Nintendo said it was 490k including digital first three days.

amazon has PS4 GTA 5 in the USA outselling the MCC for november so far. Yet VGchartz has the MCC 100k units higher for opening week. My logical guess is that the MCC is a good bit over tracked or the GTA 5 PS4 is under tracked. Going by the sales on PSN I think it's under tracked or else just has a ridiculously high digital attach ratio. 

Amazon has been shown not to be reliable at ranking software sales. It is pretty reliable, this generation, at ranking hardware. But you cannot base a claim of undertracking on the Amazon monthly rankings, especially since they are 8 and 9 respectively on the monthly rankings. If PS4 and Xb one were that close on monthly rankings things could go either way nationally. If GTA was top 10 and MCC was down at 30 or lower then there might be something to an undertracking claim.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

The BF numbers will be amazing.

Did ps4 get adjusted up a little bit? Could've sworn earlier today the front page showed it at 15 mil even. I'm a bit surprised that that both versions of gtav part deux were higher than smash, and the wii u's boost from it seems underwhelming as well. Smash may be the fastest selling game for the wii u so far (in the US), but its overall impact so far is no where near that of mk8.

DonFerrari said:
chocoloco said:

Europe has a much bigger population than the US. I am glad for this as America is crowded enough already.

Depends of the area. Some states have close to 2M population and are quite empty.

In my opinion as an American, we do not need to grow in population. My opinion on this is so off-topic it is not something I would discuss further here. Also, I am well aware some states have small populations, but there are many variables that contribute to why these states have low populations. And for another matter I do not see why a non-American should care if I think the US population does not need to grow.

Kerotan said:
CrazyGPU said:

Considering the 7th generation over, one year after PS4 and XBOX ONE lauched, the Wii sold 100 M  of consoles , PS3 a little more than 80 and XBOX a little less than PS4. So , the winner of that gen is the Wii. It was a close race at the end, but 20 Millon is still a lot more consoles.  I wish I had the wii to play some high score exclusives, I only own a PS3 from that gen. 

That makes NEGATIVE sense. Have you ever heard a conversation like this:

Person #1 "Yano the PS2 won it's gen with 120M sold". 

Person #2 "I thought it sold 160M"

Person #1 "Nah they don't count cus 40M of those sales came after the PS3 released"

So yeah I will pick the lifetime sales for both consoles. PS3 will easily hit 95M and 360 will come close to that as well. Bottom line Wii dominated nothing over all. And even if yu stopped the other 2 at 80M that's still 160M HD machines versus 100M motion fad machines. 

And

Doubt it. PS3 will be lucky to hit 90M. And it won't get there until 2016 at the earliest. That'll be 10 years after first launch. Sony will be able to claim that 10-year plan everyoine scoffed about. But they won't be able to justify continued manufacure of T3h C3ll with such small sales numbers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Kerotan said:
CrazyGPU said:

Considering the 7th generation over, one year after PS4 and XBOX ONE lauched, the Wii sold 100 M  of consoles , PS3 a little more than 80 and XBOX a little less than PS4. So , the winner of that gen is the Wii. It was a close race at the end, but 20 Millon is still a lot more consoles.  I wish I had the wii to play some high score exclusives, I only own a PS3 from that gen. 

Person #1 "Nah they don't count cus 40M of those sales came after the PS3 released"

So yeah I will pick the lifetime sales for both consoles. PS3 will easily hit 95M and 360 will come close to that as well. Bottom line Wii dominated nothing over all. And even if yu stopped the other 2 at 80M that's still 160M HD machines versus 100M motion fad machines. 

And

Doubt it. PS3 will be lucky to hit 90M. And it won't get there until 2016 at the earliest. That'll be 10 years after first launch. Sony will be able to claim that 10-year plan everyoine scoffed about. But they won't be able to justify continued manufacure of T3h C3ll with such small sales numbers.

after this Xmas it will be at about 86M. Next year with a price cut it should keep going for another 2 years. I can see it hitting 95M in the end. 

The Far Cry numbers don't look right.

America - 458,807

Europe - 902,290

Welp European numbers up!

GTA beasting!

Dragon age though...

Kerotan said:
binary solo said:
Kerotan said:
CrazyGPU said:

And

after this Xmas it will be at about 86M. Next year with a price cut it should keep going for another 2 years. I can see it hitting 95M in the end. 

It makes no sense to add PS3 and XBOX 360 numbers. Wii sold more than 102 millon consoles, its the winner of the 7th gen.  Even if PS3 gets to 95, still wont sell more. It was not a win by a large percentage like other gens, but a win after all. Adding PS3 and XBOX is like saying that PS4 is not the winner this year because if you sum Wii U and XBOX ONE are more than 50%,  doesnt make any sense to add Nintendo and Microsoft.   

Proud of Wii U. Remember Europe and Japan don't have Smash yet so that's why their sales are considerably weak

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!