By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire sell over 3m WW

Wow, excellent sales for OR/AS!

Around the Network

Oh damn i wondr wat shipment number is, just saw on famitsu that though ORAS sold 1.53mil, there was 20%-40% sitting on store shelves and this number doesn't include digital though digital wasnt amazingly high for XY.

1.53mil Sold Week 1 and if there was [##%] left over, then shipments would be... (excluding digital obviously when factoring these numbers)

20%: Digital:306k (1.84mil Shipped) [ Worse Case Scenario ]
25%: Digital:382k (1.91mil Shipped)
30%: Digital:460k (1.99mil Shipped)
35%: Digital:535k (2.06mil Shipped) [ About the Best Case ]

Well deserved. The game is much better than X/Y. However the lack of customization/Battle Frontier sucks. I heard BF will come as DLC later on though.
I'm also sad to see the closed down GameCorner ;~;
Also lack of GBA Sounds (GB Sounds in HG/SS was the best add-on idea ever! Why didnt it return? T.T)

tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
shipped

Its Sold. Why do you always do this^ Pls do not startthis again... Its like your a little bitter it did so well. We know US hadabout roughly the same pre orders than XY and Europe will have much bigger sales for ORAS than XY (not released yet here).

That said "3,040,000, with 1,534,593 of those coming from Japan alone according" That 1.53mil # is SOLD in japan http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194030&page=1. If we add digital that can easily add up to 1.56mil-1.66mil (this is just speculation^)

So the remaining 1.45mil-1.48mil is all for NoA. Its not unbelievable to see US with 1.2mil with Canada/Mexico with the other 200k-250k. If ORAS did just as well as XY and during Week before Black Friday.

If we are talking shipped, 3mil is too low. Japan probably by itself has 1.8mil-1.9mil and US would obviously ship way over a million. Next time pls explain yourslf if your going to disprove something

No, comrade. Next time YOU show me some source before you go celebrate figures, because I can't see any (GAF's link is dead and there was no Nintendo tweet/press release).

1.5m sold to consumers in America would mean ROSA sold more than XY at launch, which is unlikely at best. My bet is 2m shipped in Japan (confirmed by famitsu) and 1m shipped in America.

ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
shipped

Its Sold. Why do you always do this^ Pls do not startthis again... Its like your a little bitter it did so well. We know US hadabout roughly the same pre orders than XY and Europe will have much bigger sales for ORAS than XY (not released yet here).

That said "3,040,000, with 1,534,593 of those coming from Japan alone according" That 1.53mil # is SOLD in japan http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194030&page=1. If we add digital that can easily add up to 1.56mil-1.66mil (this is just speculation^)

So the remaining 1.45mil-1.48mil is all for NoA. Its not unbelievable to see US with 1.2mil with Canada/Mexico with the other 200k-250k. If ORAS did just as well as XY and during Week before Black Friday.

If we are talking shipped, 3mil is too low. Japan probably by itself has 1.8mil-1.9mil and US would obviously ship way over a million. Next time pls explain yourslf if your going to disprove something

No, comrade. Next time YOU show me some source before you go celebrate figures, because I can't see any (GAF's link is dead and there was no Nintendo tweet/press release).

1.5m sold to consumers in America would mean ROSA sold more than XY at launch, which is unlikely at best. My bet is 2m shipped in Japan (confirmed by famitsu) and 1m shipped in America.

Why does everyone say whenever nintendo sales sales figures outside of npd and quarterly/fiscal year results

are shipped :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
shipped

You did the same with SSB 3DS a few weeks back now your doing it all over again. Explain this to me then, if these were ship numbers why arent we getting the total amount? Sales were 1.53mil in japan right? Over 20% is still in stores meaning its at least 1.84mil shipped from Nintendo. 

That leaves at most 1.16mil for NoA + Australia. You really think that this is shipped? Just 1.1mil? Its sold, get over it. US having sold about 900k-950k with the other countries selling 200k-250k

Its SOLD, SOLD, SOLD! Not Shipped. If it were shipped, they would of added japan's shipped # as well, why exclude it?

Do you see Japan shipped numbers down here? No its shipment is between 1.84mil-2.06mil So pls again stop

Japan: 1 534 593 (Famitsu) / 1.5m (Media Create)

North America + Australia : ~1.5M? (Media Create)

So yeah SOLD!!!

Any reasons as to why VGC has it at less than a milli in the US?

Samus Aran said:

I think it would boost Wii U's console sales to extreme heights in the first few weeks.

It's 2014, Pokémon is 18 years old and we still haven't received a main Pokémon game in HD.

One game won't boost Wii U to extreme heights. It's not that simple.

Anyhow, great news. I've heard this is better than X/Y and, simply on the basis that R/S are the best in the series, this deserves to outsell X/Y. (Although it won't, but a man can have dreams.)

HyrulianScrolls said:
Those are incredible NA sales that easily trump X/Y's NA start, but I actually expected a little more from Japan. Thought it would be closer to 2m there. Either way, fantastic start. Though lately this franchise has not seemed to have the sales legs they once did. They keep opening bigger and finishing smaller.

Yearly release schedule will do this to a game. Im worried Nintendo will burn people out if it continues much longer.