By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony ending partnership with FIFA

Bail said:
Always thought the Playstation - UEFA was a much better deal.

Definitely. Way cheaper with a more targeted marketing.

Around the Network
MichaelH said:

I'm sorry...Croatia and Cameroon?  I'm surprised that you, as a Croatian, have such a dim view of your own country. Since independence in 1991, you have qualified for all bar one world cup finals  and were semi-finalists in 1998.  That is an exemplary record.

Cameroon have qualified for 6 world cup finals and reached the quarter finals in 1990.  Again, that is a record that far surpasses many, so called, traditional footballing nations.

I was just trying to point out their failure in this World Cup, while trying not to anger many other nationalities that actually have worse teams :)

Croatians tend to be all or nothing nation - either we are the champs (Handball, Waterpolo, tennis, basketball once upon a time) or don't even bother showing. Going to the WC to lose in a group stage is a disappointment...

But most of all, I was exaggerating....

main advertisement for playstation over ...not good news.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

It really made no sense to have it. They get alot more exposure with the Champions league sponsorship.

It would be interesting if FIFA loss most of their support and confederations made their own world cup. You would need at least UEFA and CONMEBOL to create something worth watching or with the title "World Cup" in it though

Around the Network

So Samsung replaces Sony and Qatar Airways replaces Emirates

Nothing is going to change

I don't think there's any chance of any sort of revolt against UEFA. The FA (England) are the only ones who are openly criticising them as far as I know and our media is ripping them to shreds. But nobody else hugely cares as far as I know

All I care about is that the Premier League and Champions League aren't broken. Diego Costa not playing for Spain was the most exciting thing that happened in the last international break for me

What exactly was the deal?

I mean I dont see anything FIFA realted sony has that Microsoft does not?

Edit:
Oh wait is that the reallife playstation "ads" around the stadiums?

280 MILLION? wooh.

kowenicki said:
kljesta64 said:
main advertisement for playstation over ...not good news.

fifa isn't UEFA.

so, no.

playstation sponsors UEFA not FIFA.

yeah I thought it says UEFA lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Save money and distance yourself from a corrupt organization which is even involved with modern slavery in Qatar. I'd say that this is a very smart move from Sony.