By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Another Mario/Zelda Game" Rehash, Rehash, Rehash? Well Lets See About That...

KLAMarine said:
phaedruss said:
Lol this is stupid. You have to include all of the mario games and spinoffs and all of the zelda games and zelda spinoffs etc. Mario Kart is a mario spinoff for example.

Surely you're able to see the difference between a Mario platformer and a Mario racer.

Surely you're able to see why I'm hesitant to consider it its own franchise at the same time.  Not to mention that Nintendo games follow the same formulas and mechanics for the most part since the originals.

Around the Network

The sad part is, that people like that exist.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The problem is people count a Mario Tennis, Golf, ect as Mario games. They dont hate that there are too many Mario games, they hate that the Mario universe is the theme of so many games.

edit:I think you are short on DKC games. You have 1-3, R, TF, 3DS and arent there a few for the GB/C/A?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Now that I read it more carefully... I actually think some of the games on the left shouldn't be there... Why wouldn't you want to play a new installment for a new GTA or MGS? Those are legit, great games... Granted MGS GZ is terrible value but its still a fun demo

I get that the point is the whole # of games in series but I feel like it would have been more cleaver to only include "bad" games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ljink96 said:
KLAMarine said:
If a product makes the customer happy, who cares?

The wisest comment on the entire forum.

Thanks! But this thread makes me wonder: why does CoD not get away with rehashing but Mario Kart does?

Hmm...

Personally, I think it's because Mario Kart is more spaced-out between releases. Lets people catch their breath.

Around the Network
Talal said:
KLXVER said:
Talal said:
How is MGS 14? Is he counting mobile games or something?

Metal Gear

Snakes revenge

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Portable Ops

Portable Ops 2

Peace Walker

Acid

Acid 2

Ghost Babel

........thats the ones i can name..

EDIT: and MGSV of course

Acid are turn based card games... If those are counted with MGS then all Mario games should be counted together as well. The number should be 8.

True. I just counted the ones I remember

CDiablo said:
The problem is people count a Mario Tennis, Golf, ect as Mario games. They dont hate that there are too many Mario games, they hate that the Mario universe is the theme of so many games.

Why? Would Mario Kart be better with all original characters...?

CDiablo said:

Exactly. 

phaedruss said:
KLAMarine said:
phaedruss said:
Lol this is stupid. You have to include all of the mario games and spinoffs and all of the zelda games and zelda spinoffs etc. Mario Kart is a mario spinoff for example.

Surely you're able to see the difference between a Mario platformer and a Mario racer.

Surely you're able to see why I'm hesitant to consider it its own franchise at the same time.

The differing mechanics between a platformer and a racer?

phaedruss said:
Not to mention that Nintendo games follow the same formulas and mechanics for the most part since the originals.

Applies to pretty much every game in existence: racing games have all been about getting to the finish line first for example, first-person shooters involve shooting, hack-and-slash involve hacking and slashing, platformers involve not letting gravity kill you.

Mario's a mascot, but it's probably due to the fame, more than anything, that get games like Zelda and Metroid labelled rehashes by stupid people on the internet.