By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One year later who has the better software library overall PS4 or Xbox one?

Which console has the better software lineup so far?

Xbox One 387 51.33%

PS4 367 48.67%

Total:754

I got the PS4 at least a month before I got my Xbox and, as far as game playtime and actual game that made me want to spend my money, the Xbox One wins.

Around the Network

X1 but only for the moment, Microsoft will abandon their machine while sony will keep the support on PS4 just like happened before. Starting with the order and bloodborne will begin the full PS4 dominance (power and catalog).

PS4, no contest. The only thing decent on X1 is sunset and MCC unless you are into racers.

Meanwhile the PS4 has Final Fantasy 14, little big planet 3, Infamous SS, TLoU remastered, MLB The  Show (if you like sports games) and even though they dont release till 2015, Bloodbourne and The Order are right around the corner.

Can preferences play a part here, of course. But saying the X1 has more or better exclusives is nothing more than a hilarious joke.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

xbo.

sony's drive club is an anal abortion and a industry joke.

- M, Carl

For me, it is the PS4 because of the better versions of multiplatform releases(being native 1080P where many Xbox 1 versions were either 900P native, upscaled non-native 1080P or a compromised dynamic horizontal scaling like 1400 by 1080P instead of 1920 by 1080P) and better indie games. Xbox 1 probably does have maybe 3 more exclusives than the PS4 but none are really must-haves in my opinion.

Both consoles are severely lacking in quality next-generation exclusives though. Halo MCC and TLOU:R are not true next-generation games and although Sunset Overdrive and Infamous are good games, they are not of of say, Gears of War or Uncharted calibre.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I got the PS4 at least a month before I got my Xbox and, as far as game playtime and actual game that made me want to spend my money, the Xbox One wins.

Oh come on. Like anyone would ever think you would pick the Sony console.

- Forza Horizon 2 > Driveclub, therefore XB1 > PS4.
- Having the best rated remaster TLOU doesn't count, but Halo MCC counts when convenient.
- Having 1.3 TIMES more retail exclusives than XB1 doesn't count.
- Having 4.5 TIMES more digital exclusives than XB1 doesn't count.
- Having 5 TIMES more games to play FREE with Plus than Gold doesn't count.
- Having 2 TIMES more exclusives announced doesn't count.
- Having better versions of 50+ 3rd party tiles doesn't count.

Funny stuff. I guess all those games are not part of the game library.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
- Forza Horizon 2 > Driveclub, therefore XB1 > PS4.
- Having the best rated remaster TLOU doesn't count, but Halo MCC counts when convenient.
- Having 1.3 TIMES more retail exclusives than XB1 doesn't count.
- Having 4.5 TIMES more digital exclusives than XB1 doesn't count.
- Having 5 TIMES more games to play FREE with Plus than Gold doesn't count.
- Having 2 TIMES more exclusives announced doesn't count.
- Having better versions of 50+ 3rd party tiles doesn't count.

Funny stuff. I guess all those games are not part of the game library.

The thing is your average person will never even play most of what is exclusive to either console. A few minorities on here might play almost everything, but they are rare. We got ourselves a big cock fight in which one dick is half a centimeter bigger than the other.

kupomogli said:

This pretty much sums it up. Amazing how mucn more software the PS4 has right now.

Wii U, easily.