By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One year later who has the better software library overall PS4 or Xbox one?

Which console has the better software lineup so far?

Xbox One 387 51.33%

PS4 367 48.67%

Total:754

As the only game I own that isn't third party/on both is Resogun, no idea. Looking at the exclusives release to shops (not download), I'm not interested in any so don't care.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Depends on how you look at it. PS4 has the bigger library overall. MS just happened to try a bit harder for the holiday season. It's like I've been saying though. 2014 is just about one and done, while 2015 definitely belongs to the PS4. ;)

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

leo-j said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
DonFerrari said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
If we are to go by better first party exclusives, then M$ is winning in that department. I really hope Sony's first party offerings for next year are substantially better than this year.

you know that forza, ryse, dead rising, titanfall, sunset Overdrive aren't first party and some aint even exclusive??? If you just wanted to say games on X1 but not on ps4 ok.

Yes,lol. I meant to say exclusives. I also count PC released games as they are still console exclusives. Also Forza is made by Turn 10, who if I am not mistaken are an M$ studio.....

Outlast, warframe, and others destroy anything on Xbox that is also on PC.. And there are a lot more MMOs like ff xiv and dcuniverse .. Not only that but the majority of big multi plat ip run better on ps4 too

Luckily both OutlAst and Warframe are on Xbox One, then.  Desrtruction averted!

leo-j said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
DonFerrari said:

you know that forza, ryse, dead rising, titanfall, sunset Overdrive aren't first party and some aint even exclusive??? If you just wanted to say games on X1 but not on ps4 ok.

Yes,lol. I meant to say exclusives. I also count PC released games as they are still console exclusives. Also Forza is made by Turn 10, who if I am not mistaken are an M$ studio.....

Outlast, warframe, and others destroy anything on Xbox that is also on PC.. And there are a lot more MMOs like ff xiv and dcuniverse .. Not only that but the majority of big multi plat ip run better on ps4 too

I agree that multiplats are better on PS4, no question. As for MMO's and the other games mentioned, I prefer Xbox One's current exclusive lineup vs those offerings.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Kyuu said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
While I'm not going to read 10+pages of responses, the Xbox One is definitely taking the cake.

No multi-console gamer in their right mind would say the lineup on the PS4 is better, not with several quality exclusives on the Xbox One and all of the same 3rd party games...

I like you ZyroXZ2. But you really gotta learn to tone down your bias against Sony. If anything, X1's retail exclusive lineup is "barely" better than PS4's.. especially when Dead Rising 3 and Ryse (which is a mediocre game anyway) both ended up going for PC.

If you think I have bias against Sony, you really don't know me, lol

And if you want to play the "it went to PC route so it's not exclusive", let's be clear that it's NOT on the PS4

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

X1 has the better exclusives, PS4 has better multiplats

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Kyuu said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
Kyuu said:

I like you ZyroXZ2. But you really gotta learn to tone down your bias against Sony. If anything, X1's retail exclusive lineup is "barely" better than PS4's.. especially when Dead Rising 3 and Ryse (which is a mediocre game anyway) both ended up going for PC.

If you think I have bias against Sony, you really don't know me, lol

And if you want to play the "it went to PC route so it's not exclusive", let's be clear that it's NOT on the PS4

Interesting... you mean like how Final Fantasy XIV (86 Meta) LBP3 (79, due to fixable bugs), Flower (91), TLoU:R (95), Injustice (80) among many others are unavailable on X1.. right? well the Xbox had the timed exlusivity thing going for it but that doesn't mean much to more recent buyers. And PS4 is also getting Guilty Gear Xrd in just 2 weeks (4 days in Japan)

Let's not forget indies and F2Ps where PS4 crushes X1. I myself am not a big fan of those regardless of their metascores but I know lots of gamers, and professional reviewers, are!

I voted X1 by the way.

I get that you're a Sony fan and all, but as a person who enjoyed the PS2 and PS3 (I had to wait until it was halfway through it's lifecycle to purchase it justifiably), the PS4's library is not strong at the moment, and just about any argument for its library is reaching for quantity.  The PS4 will most likely still sell the most this holiday, (which reminds us gamers in our communities that we are the minority in our purchasing decisions against the whole) despite the fact that the PS4 deserves to sell the least this holiday.

The Wii U has released two absolutely top-notch quality games (Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros for Wii U) while releasing top-notch quality DLC for Mario Kart 8 into an already strong exclusive lineup that would last anyone easily until Zelda U.  The Xbox One has all of the same multiplats and ports as the PS4, plus Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo:MCC, all at a $70 cheaper price tag that includes one current-gen and one cross-gen Assassin's Creed... Oh, and less grass.  The PS4 only has the ports (come on, the PS4's Black Friday bundle was two LAST GENERATION ports, not even cross-gen!) and multiplats, with a subpar Drive Club, and a clearly rushed LBP3, demonstrating the least effort of the 3, but all in shiny 1080p... And, of course, lots of grass!

Hell, even Halo 2: Anniversary contained within the Halo:MCC package puts just about every other port this holiday to shame.  The CG cinematics replacing the originals, alone, is mind-blowing and probably not cheap to produce, either

For your records, I've talked about adding a PS4 to my show since MARCH of this year, and the PS4 has only shown "hey, we have the best graphics!", and not much else...  I may even wait all the way until Uncharted 4 pops to make the purchase as it's ridiculous how little the PS4 has to offer at the moment, except more grass and higher resolutions/framerates.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/