By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo DS Games of 2008 Thread

Roflinator said:
Mother freakin' Kirby Super Star remake and Fire Emblem 1 remake. Hell yes. This is going to be ANOTHER great year for the DS. I also can't wait to get Apollo Justice.

^ I got Apollo Justice. To Phoenix Wright fans who has been doubting this game...try it. I mean it, it's really awesome. As good as PW2 so far, if not better! (PW3 > PW1 > PW2 btw)

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
wow, RPG heavy. Are they not making another elite beat game?

Most of the game looks great, other than the Sonic game.

That sonic game is made by Bioware, so you never know.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

coolestguyever said:
no games that interest me.

.....wow. That's the worst thing I've ever read.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Flower, Sun, and Rain: The Endless Park - TBA 2008

In this DS port of Goichi Suda's (never released in America) PS2 game, you play an Assassin who's ordered to board a plane and diffuse a bomb. Unfortunately, you don't make it in time, and the plane blows up, but when you wake up the next day it's the day before again, and you have another chance. Think Groundhog's Day combined with Run Lola Run.

This is OMFG SEX!!!!! Man, I hate to triple post, but this is the first time I've seen this list in whole and it looks SO amazing.

Did you guys see that story of the top 20 rpgs of all time? Here it is:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3581/a_japanese_rpg_primer_the_.php?page=1

Well, DQ is one of the few games on that list I've never played and now I get the chance! WooTTT.

It's like the DS hasn't had some really great RPG's, that are traditional, so far, but not they are getting as many as I have in my PS2 collection all within one year, that's so great. The DS has always been great, but now it's the freakin' best system I own, period. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Roflinator said:
Roflinator said:
Mother freakin' Kirby Super Star remake and Fire Emblem 1 remake. Hell yes. This is going to be ANOTHER great year for the DS. I also can't wait to get Apollo Justice.

^ I got Apollo Justice. To Phoenix Wright fans who has been doubting this game...try it. I mean it, it's really awesome. As good as PW2 so far, if not better! (PW3 > PW1 > PW2 btw)

As the self-proclaimed biggest Ace Attorney fan in existence, allow me to give my ratings of the games in the franchise:

AA3 > AA1 > AA4 > AA2.

Apollo Justce: Ace Attorney (Also known as Ace Attorney 4) is an incredible game, and well deserving of the franchise. It truly lived up to the great standard of quality established by the Phoenix Wright trilogy. I can't wait for the next game.

Also, to give my honest opinion about the DS's 2008 lineup and game library in general: I personally believe it surpasses the Wii, 360, PS3, and PSP combined. Surpassed perhaps only by the SNES, I consider the DS to already have one of the most incredible game libraries ever to grace this industry. It's sad that reviewers detract points from handheld games on principle and on graphics, because the DS's library is basically underrated in its entirity.

The DS has given life to previously dead genres (point & click adventures), been a haven for some of the most artistic games ever developed (see: Electroplankton), and united the best games in my favorite genres (Adventure, Platforming, RPG) all on one portable device. It's smart, it's fun, and it has something for everyone. To me, the DS represents the epitome of what gaming should be.

^just my opinion.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Roflinator said:
Roflinator said:

As the self-proclaimed biggest Ace Attorney fan in existence, allow me to give my ratings of the games in the franchise:

AA3 > AA1 > AA4 > AA2.

Apollo Justce: Ace Attorney (Also known as Ace Attorney 4) is an incredible game, and well deserving of the franchise. It truly lived up to the great standard of quality established by the Phoenix Wright trilogy. I can't wait for the next game.

Also, to give my honest opinion about the DS's 2008 lineup and game library in general: I personally believe it surpasses the Wii, 360, PS3, and PSP combined. Surpassed perhaps only by the SNES, I consider the DS to already have one of the most incredible game libraries ever to grace this industry. It's sad that reviewers detract points from handheld games on principle and on graphics, because the DS's library is basically underrated in its entirity.

The DS has given life to previously dead genres (point & click adventures), been a haven for some of the most artistic games ever developed (see: Electroplankton), and united the best games in my favorite genres (Adventure, Platforming, RPG) all on one portable device. It's smart, it's fun, and it has something for everyone. To me, the DS represents the epitome of what gaming should be.

^just my opinion.

Great post, I agree alot.

Great list but wheres Izuna 2?

Red4ADevil said:
Great list but wheres Izuna 2?

With the first Izuna, in the crapper.  No reason to list a sequel to a really bad game...

actually there is a sequel but its only for japan.

Naznatips, might I suggest again to add the following two?

- Anno 1701
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939337.asp?q=anno%201701

- Rondo of Swords
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=910042