By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbone > PS4+Wii U in November NPD?

ethomaz said:
PS4 > Xbone

But it will be close... so Wii U can't be added.

What's your thought process behind that prediction? Are you expecting PS4's Black Friday bundles to be that successful even though XBO has sold more than PS4 so far this month?

Around the Network

Spedfrom said:

What's your thought process behind that prediction? Are you expecting PS4's Black Friday bundles to be that successful even though XBO has sold more than PS4 so far this month?

Yeap... BF for PS4 will be huge.

Right now Xbone have a small edge in the sales.

PS. VGC is overtracking Xbone in US... the first week is 180-200k instead 262k... the game in November between Xbone and PS4 is ~100k yet.

Imho, PS4>XO November NPD...
I think that next week PS4 will have +100% boost thanks GTA+Far Cry+LBP3, and XO -30% dropped (is dropped by -10% with Halo+AC bundle).

The BlackFriday probabily that PS4 will have +100% boost, and XO +150%, but considering that the week of 22 November PS4 will sell much more, i don't see XBOX ONE to sell more...

Also, i think that Wii U will have +150% with Smash Bros, and +200% the BlackFriday week, so, even if XO will sell more than PS4 (for sure possible), the gap don't will be so big to close the Wii U number...

But interesting thread!!!

man-bear-pig said:
XanderXT said:
Even if they do, Microsoft will still not make money.

Microsoft will make money regardless

Off the Xbox One, no.

ethomaz said:

Spedfrom said:

Yeap... BF for PS4 will be huge.

Right now Xbone have a small edge in the sales.

PS. VGC is overtracking Xbone in US... the first week is 180-200k instead 262k... the game in November between Xbone and PS4 is ~100k yet.

I think that XO have sold 70,000 the last week of October (68,000 PS4).

Have more than triple the sales, so, i said 225,000 the week of price drop, and 200,000 the week of Halo and AC.

This are my prediction:

Week
1 125,000 225,000 25,000
2 120,000 200,000 35,000
3 250,000 150,000 85,000
4 500,000 375,000 250,000

Around the Network

Nah. PS4 will come closer to Xb one in each of the remaining weeks, and Wii U should pull in much improved numbers with SSB. However if SSB doesn;t really move as much hardware as most peope think it is quite possible that while the Xb one/PS4 gap might not be all that big on a % basis Wii U may fail to plug that gap.

Of course it is not a foregone conclusion that Xb one will win Nov NPD, though it is looking most likely at this stage. Even if PS4 wins BF week I don;t think the margin will be enough to make up for the previous weeks in November. 6 Dec week should be interesting to see how much each console falls from BF. I didn't realise this will be a Nov week for NPD.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Is November NPD 4 just 4 weeks then?

man-bear-pig said:

8 November

15 November

22 November

29 Novemeber

drake_tolu said:
man-bear-pig said:

8 November

15 November

22 November

29 Novemeber

Thanks, okay so here's how I think it could go down 

Xbone:

week 1: 235k week 2: 195k week 3: 165k week 4: 460k

Total: 1,055k

PS4:

week 1: 140k week 2: 135k week 3: 200k week 4: 450k

Total: 925k

Wii U:

week 1: 25k week 2: 40k week 3: 80k week 4: 170k

Total: 315k

1,055k vs 1,240k

Highly doubt this is going to happen. First of all, it's not even guaranteed that the XBO will win Nov. Even if MS is right in assuming that the XBO outsold the PS4 for the first 2 weeks of Nov, it was probably not by much. While the XBO has stayed ahead on Amazon and Best Buy, the PS4 has stayed ahead on Wal-mart and Gamestop. Personally, I think Wal-mart and Gamestop are going to sell more consoles than the other two.

Second, even with how the listings are sitting right now, they definitely aren't representing the whole picture. The PS4 still has 2 new SKUs to launch this month, both with 2 free games, and XBO does not. Finally, even if the XBO is able to take Nov, it won't be by enough to overcome the rise that the Wii U will have this month. In fact, it will probably only be by a few 10Ks.