By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Twilight Princess the worst 3D Zelda?

Is TP the worst of the main 3D Zelda?

Yes 111 20.33%

No 434 79.49%

Total:545

For me the worst is Skywrd Sword. I had a huge amount of respect for the innovation and creativity that went into skyward sword, but there were many things to dislike about that game and, ultimately, I spent far too much time forcing myself to play because I wasn't really enjoying myself.

Around the Network

Skyward Sword.

Lucas-Rio said:

From the main serie, not counting the two 3D episodes on DS.

I think it is, and my reasons are:

1) Boring wolf phases, really boring and useless, it added nothing and felt like something forced. The games would have been better without these parts. Searching and collecting bugs as a wolf was one of the most boring part of any Zelda game. Really unnecessary.

2) Average motion controls, for the Wii version, the motion control was playable, but nothing special and never felt you really had any real control over Link. It's a huge contrast with Skyward Sword and its great motion controls with the Wii motion+, where everything was so natural and felt so smooth.

3) World/settings: I felt the World of Twilight Princess wasn't  as unique and coherent as the others Zelda games. The Hyrule part felt like Ocarina of Time, but the Twilightworld was cartoonish. Both styles did not merge well together and it felt really strange to me seeing Midona so much in the adventure.

For these reasons I think that Twilight Princess fall behind all the others 3D Zelda games , Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. It's still a great game with a spectacular staging though.

Wind Waker was considered the worst when it launched. TP was actually well accepted and received. Having played both (as an adult) I'd say WW was the worst 3D Zelda.

Probably my second favorite behind Wind Waker.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Yes, but not for the reasons you listed. it simply had a big but empty world and the npcs had no carisma. boring. great game but not so great of a zelda.

Around the Network

Yes it is. And it´s not dark, Majora´s Mask is dark. Twilight Princess is sad.

No. To me, Skyward Sword is the worst.

I dunno it's hard to choose between skyward sword and twilight princess. They're both pretty bad.

No, I really enjoyed the game - I wouldn't call any 3D Zelda bad (though I wouldn't call any of them exceptionally good either), but if I had to pick one that I didn't like, that would be, without a second thought, Majora's Mask.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Skyward Sword takes that honor for me

This.  Wind Waker takes a close second.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"