By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Twilight Princess the worst 3D Zelda?

Is TP the worst of the main 3D Zelda?

Yes 111 20.33%

No 434 79.49%

Total:545

I'd say yes. Both TP and SS are pretty mediocre, but at least SS tried to be original in some places.

Around the Network

I really like the wolf parts...
I played the game on the Wii, and there's only a few parts that I remember not enjoying or finding frustrating...
The Bridge of Eldin battle took some getting used to, and getting into Arbiter's Grounds was annoying...
I had way more issues with Wind Waker and Skyward Sword...

Have a nice day...

Nope, that title goes to Wind Waker.

Ocarina > Skyward Sword > Twilight Princess > Majora's Mask > Wind Waker

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:
Nope, that title goes to Wind Waker.

Woah, now that's an unpopular opinion you got right there. Too much water perhaps?

On the contrary, I found it a  rather dry experience. 

hell no. I loved TP i was going in expecting to hate the wolf portions but i loved it. Motion controls? Thats on you, nobody with common sense thought teh motion controls were gonna be good, shouldve gotten the GC version. Skyward Sword was just so damn boring and its motion controls arent anything to write home about either.

Around the Network

I voted yes just to be a bit contrarian. Anticipating that No would be the popular answer but wishing to voice my relative displeasure with the game even though I don't agree with the OP.

Twilight Princess is only my second-least-favorite 3D Zelda. The dubious distinction of "worst" in my experience goes to Majora's Mask.

I should note that despite three years having passed, the jury is still out on Skyward Sword. It takes a long time and multiple playthroughs for me to fully digest a Zelda game.

oniyide said:
Motion controls? Thats on you, nobody with common sense thought teh motion controls were gonna be good, 

Are you saying I don't have common sense?

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
Motion controls? Thats on you, nobody with common sense thought teh motion controls were gonna be good, 

Are you saying I don't have common sense?

I dont know. Did you think a game that was a thrown together port at the last minute (talking Twilight Princess here) of a GC game was going to have good and accurate for a launch title? 

mZuzek said:
oniyide said:
hell no. I loved TP i was going in expecting to hate the wolf portions but i loved it. Motion controls? Thats on you, nobody with common sense thought teh motion controls were gonna be good, shouldve gotten the GC version. Skyward Sword was just so damn boring and its motion controls arent anything to write home about either.

Waiting to see how you back up that statement you got going there.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people liked them. (motion controls in TP were still bad though, because they were just pointlessly replacing the B button with a "waggle randomly" button)

I didnt say if people liked them or not, im just saying how could they not know it was bad with all we knew about the development of the WIi version of the game.

mZuzek said:
oniyide said:

I didnt say if people liked them or not, im just saying how could they not know it was bad with all we knew about the development of the WIi version of the game.

Ok, that I give you. To be honest I wasn't keeping up with news by this time, but I did watch the E3 2010 reveal later on and I have to say, that was atrocious. If I was a Zelda fan watching that live, I would have been very extremely concerned.

fair enough. Now if you didnt know anything about the circumstances surrounding it, then you just didnt know and fell for the hype. Of course it happens....BUT considering we're on a forum that is dedicated to tracking sales of video games of all things im flying under the assumption that most people here knew about it or should have known