By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Platinum's games don't sell well?

You agree with me?

Yes 85 53.13%

No 75 46.88%

Total:160

bad bad bad decision making from the high up in their company

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Why don't they sell? They are not military shooters. Or Space Shooters. And there is never any hype trains for them.

Agree with number 3.

their games might be niche but they are SO GOOD, i wish they sold more.

crap is usually mainstream, the good stuff is usually niche

plat·i·num
ˈpladənəm/
noun
a precious silvery-white metal, the chemical element of atomic number 78. It was first encountered by the Spanish in South America in the 16th century and is used in jewelry, electrical contacts, laboratory equipment, and industrial catalysts.
the grayish-white or silvery color of platinum.
modifier noun: platinum
"a platinum wig"

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:

Why are they not buying them?

Are you telling me people didn't like Demon's Souls? Then why didn't those people go buy Puppeteer?

Wright said:
bubblegamer said:

Why are they not buying them?

Are you telling me people didn't like Demon's Souls? Then why didn't those people go buy Puppeteer?

People liked Demon's Souls more than any Beyonetta. So i'm not sure what you mean!

bubblegamer said:

People liked Demon's Souls more than any Beyonetta. So i'm not sure what you mean!

I'm trying to tell you your misconception of gamers not buying games = not liking games. I asked you, "how do you know that?" on which you replied "why are they not buying them?" as if it explained the lack of sales.

Hence why I ask "Didn't people like Demon's Souls"? Since the next project of SCE Japan, Puppeteer, bombed hard. Going by your logic, people didn't buy Puppeteer because they didn't like Demon's Souls. Hence the lack of sales for that company too.

1 and 2, no. 

3, yes.....their creations are very niche type games.

Wright said:
bubblegamer said:

I'm trying to tell you your misconception of gamers not buying games = not liking games. I asked you, "how do you know that?" on which you replied "why are they not buying them?" as if it explained the lack of sales.

Hence why I ask "Didn't people like Demon's Souls"? Since the next project of SCE Japan, Puppeteer, bombed hard. Going by your logic, people didn't buy Puppeteer because they didn't like Demon's Souls. Hence the lack of sales for that company too.

lol no. What kind of logic is that? People liked Demon's Souls more than they did Pupeteer is what that meant.