By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbone fails to outsell Ps4 despite biggest launch of year

ps3-sales! said:

I'd seriously be very worried if I were in the Xbox camp. 

Lol huh?

Around the Network

I'm in the Xbox camp and I'm not worried at all. Console is selling fine and MS has a bunch of games coming that I want to play.

Aside from the UK MS doesn't seem to care about competing in Europe. I'm sure they're satisfied with these numbers.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

ps3-sales! said:

I'd like to take a minute to talk about this. The Xbone failed to outsell the Ps4 this week (worldwide) despite it's biggest game (Halo) launching.

I'd be very worried if I were Microsoft right now. Think about it.

Meanwhile Nintendo continues to underdeliver on sales, getting destroyed by the other two consoles, yet just dropped two of the most critically acclaimed next gen games so far with Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros (probably my favorite series of ALL time).

Neither Microsoft nor Nintendo are in this race to outsell the PS4, they're in this race to move consoles, sell software, charge licensing fees, and turn a profit.

It seriously annoys me when gamers seem to think otherwise. There exists a lack of understanding unfortunately.

ps3-sales! said:

With Bloodborne around the corner looking to be promising (March) and the Order hopfully deliver on it's hype (Feb),

Bloodborne will be a good game but, with the exception of a few die hard Souls fans, Bloodborne will not push sales of the ps4. It's just not a mainstream title.

The Order is already receiving criticism from reveiwers, and rightly so. It looks like generic trash, has already had it's graphics downgraded, has a ridiculous aspect ratio, will be 24fps for a "cinematic feel" (and it will still probably drop into the lower 20s like every other game so far this gen). This game will not live up to any hype it initially had, and the developers should consider themselves very lucky if they manage to receive a metascore of 75. Again, this game will not push ps4 sales.

It looks unlikely that the ps4 will have any critically acclaimed exclusives until Uncharted 4 comes out. And that game is the one I am holding out for before getting a ps4.

It's a shame for Microsoft that they shit the bed with their launch; despite not having any good exclusives, people will still buy the ps4 in droves as their multiplat machine. If the Xbone does not outsell the ps4 worldwide on Black Friday week, I doubt it will ever win a week over it. First impressions last.

Around the Network

You make good points OP. This holiday will be fairly close thanks to what you mentioned but next year will be total domination by PS4 thanks to a load of exclusives throughout the year and a probable price cut.

alicemudgarden said:
ps3-sales! said:

With Bloodborne around the corner looking to be promising (March) and the Order hopfully deliver on it's hype (Feb),

It looks unlikely that the ps4 will have any critically acclaimed exclusives until Uncharted 4 comes out. And that game is the one I am holding out for before getting a ps4.

Demon Souls and both dark souls al got about 90 meta. Its reasonable to say that Bloodborne will be critically acclaimed

alicemudgarden said:
ps3-sales! said:

Bloodborne will be a good game but, with the exception of a few die hard Souls fans, Bloodborne will not push sales of the ps4. It's just not a mainstream title.

The Order is already receiving criticism from reveiwers, and rightly so. It looks like generic trash, has already had it's graphics downgraded, has a ridiculous aspect ratio, will be 24fps for a "cinematic feel" (and it will still probably drop into the lower 20s like every other game so far this gen). This game will not live up to any hype it initially had, and the developers should consider themselves very lucky if they manage to receive a metascore of 75. Again, this game will not push ps4 sales.

It's a shame for Microsoft that they shit the bed with their launch; despite not having any good exclusives, people will still buy the ps4 in droves as their multiplat machine. If the Xbone does not outsell the ps4 worldwide on Black Friday week, I doubt it will ever win a week over it. First impressions last.

You're entire post reads like one extremely upset person. Why does it matter to you so much what ppl buy? Do you honestly think yours is the only opinion that matters? I mean really? Calling the order trash before even playing it? 

You seem to hate PlayStation strongly yet ignore the Xbox one's weakness. Forza horizon 2 failed to make a blip on npd, titanfall failed to move consoles in a meaningful way, halo mcc has been largely unplayable online, sunset overdrive appears to have flopped hard, then you have multiplats like assassin creed unity that's practically unplayable in it's current form, and halo 5, the Xbox ones first truly huge game other than titanfall doesn't even release for another year. 

Not to mention, at least Sony has something for early next year for gamers, Microsoft doesn't appear to have anything remotely coming soon in the new year for their customers. 

alicemudgarden said:
ps3-sales! said:

lolwut, where have they said it will run at 24fps...? they arent that stupid also change of clothing and lighting for a scene does not = downgrade.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
alicemudgarden said:

You're entire post reads like one extremely upset person. Why does it matter to you so much what ppl buy? Do you honestly think yours is the only opinion that matters? I mean really? Calling the order trash before even playing it? 

You seem to hate PlayStation strongly yet ignore the Xbox one's weakness. Forza horizon 2 failed to make a blip on npd, titanfall failed to move consoles in a meaningful way, halo mcc has been largely unplayable online, sunset overdrive appears to have flopped hard, then you have multiplats like assassin creed unity that's practically unplayable in it's current form, and halo 5, the Xbox ones first truly huge game other than titanfall doesn't even release for another year. 

Not to mention, at least Sony has something for early next year for gamers, Microsoft doesn't appear to have anything remotely coming soon in the new year for their customers. 

Microsoft has State of Decay and Screamride early next year I think?

He said MS shat the bed...pretty sure he is unimpressed with both consoles

By most accounts both Forza and SO are selling reasonably?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS