By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros. GameCube Adapters Sold Out, Online Prices Go Nuts

I bet you some people are making a ton of profit on this now.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Wii U gamepad be damned, as soon as Nintendo announced a $19.99 peripheral that would allow classic GameCube controllers to be used on its latest console, it became the way to play the way to play Super Smash Bros. Wii U. As reader Jon, who tipped us off to the scarcity of the adapters, writes: "Honestly, who's going to play with the gamepad? Who's going to force their friends to play with wiimotes when they come over?"

Who's going to play with the Gamepad? Me, for starters, being as there's absolutely no problem with that controller. Who's going to force their friends to play with Wiimotes? That's a false dichotomy. I'll be giving my friends classic controllers personally, and I suggest that others can do the same. If you don't own any, they're dirt cheap second hand and do a great job - they were my controller of choice for Brawl. The Wii U Pro Controller is another fine choice, though a little expensive. I'm sure you can find other uses for that controller though.

For a game that has the most controller options of pretty much any game that has ever existed, I'm sure you can find some suitable way of playing with your friends that doesn't involve buying a rare and overpriced adapter, sticking it into your Wii U and making a wirey mess everywhere.

AZWification said:

Good thing that I'm an European! xD

you guys are so lucky not having a lot of gamecube controller fanatics

like america

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

This is why i bought it immedately. Hopefully Nintendo has more plans for the thing than just Smash

Real smashers can play even with the Wiimote alone.

Around the Network

That's right people, waste your money while I use the perfectly viable gamepad!

ghost_of_fazz said:
Real smashers can play even with the Wiimote alone.

Haha, I'm all for using controllers other than the overrated Gamecube controller, but even I have a limit!

Interesting. I don't think they produced that many though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

OfficerRaichu15 said:
AZWification said:

Good thing that I'm an European! xD

you guys are so lucky not having a lot of gamecube controller fanatics

like america

Exactly! Being European is a good thing when it comes to gaming for once!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Shoot, I have been thinking about picking up the game this weekend but the lack of adapters is all that has stopped me. I already have 4 GC controllers so just needed the adapter.

My 8th gen collection