By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros Wii hits 10 million in sales according to Nintendo of America(possible overtracked?)

NA only. Otherwise NCL and NoE would've tweeted out the figure as well.  10 million in one territory for any console game is extremely impressive. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
Screamapillar said:

NA only. Otherwise NCL and NoE would've tweeted out the figure as well.  10 million in one territory for any console game is extremely impressive. 

Nope!USA ;)

axumblade said:
tak13 said:
axumblade said:

Yeah. That's what they're discussing. Worldwide it seems to have it listed for 27 million in total sales. I think that this is just 10 million without the bundles. The game was bundled with the red Wii for a while though so I'm not sure if 4 million would be an accurate sales total. Then again, the bundle happened after the peak of the Wii so who knows? 

...Or it is undertracked in row or Europe and ioi add the deficit to USA(it s not weird,see xbox360 ;) )!That's possible,we have 28.85m shippments according to nintendo,vgc claims 27.58 sold,if we remove that 4m surplus it goes 23.85,is impossible NSMB WII having 5m+ copies on the shelves!Why you are assuming that is for NA and not only USA?I think NOA announces sales only for USA...like npd ;)

Because America is technically 2 continents, not just the USA. Why do you assume USA is the only country in America? ;)

So where are these 4m copies,in row and europe...or the impossible:on the shelves?You know that the explanation you gave about bundles is wrong.We talk about nintendo itself,it cannot exclude sales from bundles...!I asked the writer why he assumes that this is for NA not you loool,anyway!NOA usually announces sales for USA...like npd!oh,http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11 /new_super_mario_bros_wii_hits_10_million_sales_mark_in_the_us

alexesquedabananas said:
im guessing its games that weren't bundled with the wii

Yes i agree! Sold without bundle!

Switch!!!

DarthMetalliCube said:
KLXVER said:
Not deserved. The game is shit...

Wow, you've got to be shitting me. It's one of the best games of the last decade. Enjoy your shallow interactive movies disguised as video games.

"Press A to dodge!" 

But pressing A to jump is ok.

If you don't like non-Nintendo games, there's plenty of actual reasons you can find.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Those are just U.S. numbers, I presume......If you count numbers from other countries in the region, like Mexico, Canada, Brazil (where that particular game was a HUGE hit), it would pass 10 million by far

Ka-pi96 said:
Wow, 4mil over? That's gotta be some kind of record!

Just wait man, sometime we'll see them being 4 million under for the PS4 ltd

axumblade said:
Toxy said:
If you read their post on Facebook, this only applies for sales in the US. This does not apply for sales world wide.

Yeah. That's what they're discussing. Worldwide it seems to have it listed for 27 million in total sales. I think that this is just 10 million without the bundles. The game was bundled with the red Wii for a while though so I'm not sure if 4 million would be an accurate sales total. Then again, the bundle happened after the peak of the Wii so who knows? 

Woops, you are right.
My bad.

I clearly misread. I thought for some reason people meant world wide.
I am glad my exams are finished. Perhaps now I can think more clearly.

Ka-pi96 said:

This is for North America though right? Not just USA. North America sales are at 14.04mil.

He's trying to minimize the damage, although everything he said is true. NA could be over-tracked, but going by all territories it couldn't be 4 million above going by VGC numbers because of the amount of copies shipped.