By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros Wii hits 10 million in sales according to Nintendo of America(possible overtracked?)

KLXVER said:
Not deserved. The game is shit...

Wow, you've got to be shitting me. It's one of the best games of the last decade. Enjoy your shallow interactive movies disguised as video games.

"Press A to dodge!" 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

I agree that it wasn't an amazing Mario game, but it was still pretty fun.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
KLXVER said:

^this.

I mean, who plays Mario for the story?

The gameplay was really good and the most important thing: It was fun.

I feel like people don't even value that anymore...

Congrats! Ironically this is the game I played the least, though I have all four. I think the WiiU game is the best one.

DarthMetalliCube said:
KLXVER said:

Wow, you've got to be shitting me. It's one of the best games of the last decade. Enjoy your shallow interactive movies disguised as video games.

"Press A to dodge!" 

How does not liking a sidescrolling Mario result into enjoying "shallow interactive movies disguised as video games" ?

OT: The game is at 28.65m sales world wide according to Nintendo's own data, not quite sure how this 10 million fits with the rest of the VGChartz data as removing the apparent 4m overtracking in NA, results in 5m undertracking world wide.

Guess I'm missing something.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Toxy said:
If you read their post on Facebook, this only applies for sales in the US. This does not apply for sales world wide.

Yeah. That's what they're discussing. Worldwide it seems to have it listed for 27 million in total sales. I think that this is just 10 million without the bundles. The game was bundled with the red Wii for a while though so I'm not sure if 4 million would be an accurate sales total. Then again, the bundle happened after the peak of the Wii so who knows? 

...Or it is undertracked in row or Europe and ioi add the deficit to USA(it s not weird,see xbox360 ;) )!That's possible,we have 28.85m shippments according to nintendo,vgc claims 27.58 sold,if we remove that 4m surplus it goes 23.85,is impossible NSMB WII having 5m+ copies on the shelves!Why you are assuming that is for NA and not only USA?I think NOA announces sales only for USA...like npd ;)

AZWification said:
KLXVER said:

I agree. It was worth the gameplay! Had fun with my young cousins.

First, i thought that somebody had necro-bumped this thread. Then i saw "NoA" and proceeded to check US sales in the Game Database. I was shocked by how it was overtracked by 4M, i then searched for Nintendo's words on how this game sold WW. Seeing how it was Undertracked WW and Overtracked globally in the US i said to myself:

"WTF?"

And then i went back to sleep.

I really enjoyed it. Im a fan of mario bros games anyways. I like the nsmb for wiiu even more.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wow, 4mil over? That's gotta be some kind of record!

Firstly,these numbers are for USA(vgc 12.9m) but the writer cannot understand it,secondly nintento has shipped 28.85m copies.

If there was 4m overtracking and adjust down nsmb wii to 23.58 then would mean that there are 5m on the shelves,which is impossible!

10m in USA vs 12,9 VGC, but still it isnt overtracked,because shipments doesn t justify it.

It s undertracked somewhere else and ioi put the deficit in USA(seeeeee xbox360 ;)

ka-pi youare the only one here who doesn t wonder and believed that immediately!