By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai on why Mewtwo isn’t paid DLC in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

This is beyond stupid.

Around the Network

Aka its an experiment to see just how many people they can get to buy both versions of the game.

Translation: There will be no further DLC for Smash Bros. 4 Wii U

Reading through this thread, it should be apparent to anyone why they feel the need to repeat their infamous phrase, "Please understand".

Mewtwo is their way of testing DLC distribution for the title. Should anything go wrong, most buyers won't feel like they have wasted any money for a faulty product.

RavenXtra said:
Aka its an experiment to see just how many people they can get to buy both versions of the game.

My thoughts as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
the_dengle said:
That's not an explanation

what does that even mean

My thoughts exactly.

Basically they don't want to look like EA is what I make it out to be.

David_Hernandeez said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Darwinianevolution said:
The question is: will I be able to get mewtwo even if I just have one version of Smash?

Probably not. They might even release more characters like this to sell both versions. I personally wouldn't mind, so long as they let you play against people online as Mewtwo who don't have the Mewtwo DLC.

I don't agree, Mewtwo will be time exclusive for those who got both versions, maybe like 4 months and then it will be pay dlc for those who want him for 2.99 to 4.99.

Thank s not what Nimtendo has said -but if that is what they are planning they are not going to let people know now-  they want people to buy both copies of Smash bros, a Wii u and 3Ds.   The people who buy both copies of the game (or more)  for the purpose of getting Mewtwo won t be too happy of it is a times release and they could have just waited 

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Reading through this thread, it should be apparent to anyone why they feel the need to repeat their infamous phrase, "Please understand".

Mewtwo is their way of testing DLC distribution for the title. Should anything go wrong, most buyers won't feel like they have wasted any money for a faulty product.

Tell that to the person who pays &40 or $60 to get a copy of Smash they were not planning on getting I order to get Mewtwo 

I want DLC as much as anyone, and will readily buy it, but i perfectly understand and respect his stance AND he did put tremendous work into these titles, lets appreciate what he's given us instead of begging / demanding for more.

..ha