By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai on why Mewtwo isn’t paid DLC in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

tsogud said:
Darwinianevolution said:
The question is: will I be able to get mewtwo even if I just have one version of Smash?

Apparently you will be able to but you have to pay for it.

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-mewtwo-dlc-may-be-available-for-purchase-in-the-future/

Nice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

I would like to have a WiiU, but I can only afford one system per gen (plus PC discounts). One of the benefits of portable gaming is that's cheaper than home console gaming. I bought a system and a game, so I would like to get the most from it.

Yeah, no doubt this does hit the people who can only afford the 3DS the hardest. For your sake and others in your situation. I do hope they release him as paid DLC, but they might not so they don't get accused of going back on their word. I guess they could justify it by saying they offered a free method? In which case there might be a possibility for just Mewtwo, but that would also mean they're probably not planning any other characters, which sucks. There's probably no hope for Ice Climbers (3DS limitations), Snake (licensing), Roy (too many FE characters/not enough fans), Pichu (too many Pokemon/not enough fans), maybe not even Lucas (probably enough fans but they hate Earthbound fans at Nintendo), but I want my Wolf back at the very least :(