By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft started the bloodiest price war in console history?

UltimateGamer1982 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
No way, Gamecube was way more extreme. Down to $99 withing just two years.

I remember that. But didn't the dreamcast get down to $50 from $199 in two years also? It's been a long time but i believe Sega dropped the price that low by 2001 which was its last big year on the market. 

I think that price (for the Dremcast) only came when Sega had discontinued the thing. 

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Blob said:
Microsoft did this exact same thing back when the original xbox was struggling. I remember console + 4 games for some rediculously low price back in the day. I guess nobody had to follow suit back then though.

And with only 24% marketshare and a 7 million unit lead, no one has to follow suit this time either. PS4 is the console everyone wants and that's not going to change. It's only $50.00 more which is less than the price of a game. 

MS was desperate with the original Xbox and they're desperate now. That's all this is.Ps

The console everyone wants? Then why is Xbox selling at all? You know exactly how this gen will go? Wow. I see that changing In Na and UK. Ofc it might not

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Wasn't the GameCube only 99$ with Meele bundled at some point?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I am surrounded by idiots..

Is it really a war when only one is competing? I mean Xbox One went from $499 at launch down to $349 within a year while PS4 launched at $399 and is still $399.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
kinisking said:
prayformojo said:

And with only 24% marketshare and a 7 million unit lead, no one has to follow suit this time either. PS4 is the console everyone wants and that's not going to change. It's only $50.00 more which is less than the price of a game. 

MS was desperate with the original Xbox and they're desperate now. That's all this is.Ps

The console everyone wants? Then why is Xbox selling at all? You know exactly how this gen will go? Wow. I see that changing In Na and UK. Ofc it might not

Unless MS drops the price of the console to like $249 next year or Sony stops making the PS4 then yeah this generation is pretty much set. Which is not a bad thing it is not like the XB1 will not sell well because I personally think it will the PS4 will just sell better. So no big deal either way in my book...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

kinisking said:
prayformojo said:
Blob said:
Microsoft did this exact same thing back when the original xbox was struggling. I remember console + 4 games for some rediculously low price back in the day. I guess nobody had to follow suit back then though.

PS2 was the "console everyone wanted", but 45M+ Xboxes and Gamecubes were sold.

Stop being so literal. You know exactly what he means in that statement

zorg1000 said:
Is it really a war when only one is competing? I mean Xbox One went from $499 at launch down to $349 within a year while PS4 launched at $399 and is still $399.

Couldn't have stated it better myself.

spurgeonryan said:
Dulfite said:
Excuse me but Nintendo selling Wii us for $59.99 (with games and 32gig) beats anything Sony or Microsoft has. Nintendo is genius for forcing SEARS to do that...

Sears did not allow it, Walmart did.

My trolling got trolled

Acevil said:
Don't you need two to tango in a price war?

QFT

i didnt see ninty or sony reacting.