By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft started the bloodiest price war in console history?

CDiablo said:
MS hasent cut the price outside of the US. If Sony was at all worried they would offer something better than the last gen remastered bundle they put out this Christmas.

Didn't MS cut the price in the UK?

Around the Network

Excuse me but Nintendo selling Wii us for $59.99 (with games and 32gig) beats anything Sony or Microsoft has. Nintendo is genius for forcing SEARS to do that...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CDiablo said:
MS hasent cut the price outside of the US. If Sony was at all worried they would offer something better than the last gen remastered bundle they put out this Christmas.

Didn't MS cut the price in the UK?

They actually did a bit back in to make it 20p cheaper/equal to PS4. They seem to have some holiday bundles with Forza 5 and COD or Fifa. Whey wouldnt go for a worldwide price cut(especially in regions where they are getting battered) is beyond me.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

spurgeonryan said:
KLXVER said:

Lol. That is pretty much how it works. Every gen something happens kind of like this.

1st Gen - Pong Consoles crash into eachother in 'Murica. Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, sells 3M units of their Pong game in Japan. 

2nd Gen - 2600 crashes with Intellivision/Colecovission/Oddysey2/Vectrex... Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, makes a shitton of money in Arcades WW. 

3rd Gen - Nobody really crashes into anybody. Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, sells 60M NES'ss''s' 

4th/5th Gen - Ninty crashes with Sega/Sony. 

6th Gen - (Insert something... idk too much about this gen)

7th Gen - Sony crashes with M$. Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, teleports into a dimension of their own and uses the Contra code to get 100M Wii sales.

Yeah, you're pretty much right lol.

fory77 said:
spurgeonryan said:
KLXVER said:

Lol. That is pretty much how it works. Every gen something happens kind of like this.

1st Gen - Pong Consoles crash into eachother in 'Murica. Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, sells 3M units of their Pong game in Japan. 

2nd Gen - 2600 crashes with Intellivision/Colecovission/Oddysey2/Vectrex... Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, makes a shitton of money in Arcades WW. 

3rd Gen - Nobody really crashes into anybody. Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, sells 60M NES'ss''s' 

4th/5th Gen - Ninty crashes with Sega/Sony. 

6th Gen - (Insert something... idk too much about this gen)

7th Gen - Sony crashes with M$. Nintendo ,not giving a fuck, teleports into a dimension of their own and uses the Contra code to get 100M Wii sales.

Yeah, you're pretty much right lol.

Nintendo didnt evade the confrontation of Microsoft and Sony, they planned to create the Wii knowing it would casualize the industry. The fad lasted four years due to limited stock. Everyone wanted to get their hands on it, play it and return it. That gen the most used consoles were actually their competetors even though Nintendo outsold them via Nielsens.

Around the Network

It's now or never for Xbone and MS.

PS4 still 400$ there's no war.

Who cares in the end it's better for us consumers so why complain?

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

AnthonyW86 said:
No way, Gamecube was way more extreme. Down to $99 withing just two years.

I remember that. But didn't the dreamcast get down to $50 from $199 in two years also? It's been a long time but i believe Sega dropped the price that low by 2001 which was its last big year on the market. 

Blob said:
Microsoft did this exact same thing back when the original xbox was struggling. I remember console + 4 games for some rediculously low price back in the day. I guess nobody had to follow suit back then though.

And with only 24% marketshare and a 7 million unit lead, no one has to follow suit this time either. PS4 is the console everyone wants and that's not going to change. It's only $50.00 more which is less than the price of a game. 

MS was desperate with the original Xbox and they're desperate now. That's all this is.