By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 46, 2014 (Nov 10 - Nov 16)

Teeqoz said:

This week only had Dengeki and some small title that did 6.6k, yet it did 20k. Now there's going to be a holiday boost, so it'll be up both this upcoming MC, and the MC after that (Which is the MC that has PSN launch.)

There was a new colour Vita (pink) targeted at otome female gamers this week, which provided most of the boost, not Dengeki Bunko.

Phantasy Star week only has two LE bundles as far as I know, that are both exclusive to Sony's online store.

I think you're expecting far too much from it that week.  Vita has lost a lot of momentum lately.  Freedom Wars didn't boost to 35k.  I don't see why Phantasy Star would either.

Around the Network

Captain Toad will hold its head above water until the end of 2014, so that's plenty of time to sell through the first shipment.

The problem is if it still doesn't by end-2014.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

This was an interesting week.

So to touch on hardware... 3DS still isn't selling all that well for a new remodel with some big games just released.  Pokemon should make it massive next week, and Youkai Watch has the potential to as well.  

Vita is... meh.  I mean, I'm happy with the boost from just a new bundle, but it's still not looking promising for being up YoY, and the console seems to have lost all momentum.

What did PS4 have bundled this week (I assume there was one).  XB1 as well I guess?  I'm guessing the Mario Kart boost will be delayed over the holidays.  At least it's not in the pits of 3k again, but it's not a very promising boost so far.

Software wise... Call of Duty down; Winning Eleven way down, bleh.  I'm surprised by the lack of 3DS version to be honest, it seemed to be on the rise (slightly) on that platform.  I guess killing the PSP support killed the 3DS support.  Still surprised by no Vita version.

Dengeki Bunko is lower than I expected sadly (it'll be front loaded); One Piece seems poor; Captain Toad seems poor but I'm expecting legs.

And Master Chief Collection I can't even comment on since the hardware is so abysmal I don't even know if 5k is good or bad.

Kresnik said: Dengeki Bunko is lower than I expected sadly (it'll be front loaded)

We might have put too much faith into COMG for Climax. Niigata was just a lot more into Dengeki than the rest of Japan. But look, the selltrough is good, there's also digital (the Under Night something fighting game had some insane digital ratio) and more importantly Climax just mauled One Piece which is crucial from an publisher/developer point of view. Besides, PS3 version might have had stock problems, so the front-loadedness remains to be seen. Let's not throw the towel just yet.

Kresnik said:
Teeqoz said:

This week only had Dengeki and some small title that did 6.6k, yet it did 20k. Now there's going to be a holiday boost, so it'll be up both this upcoming MC, and the MC after that (Which is the MC that has PSN launch.)

There was a new colour Vita (pink) targeted at otome female gamers this week, which provided most of the boost, not Dengeki Bunko.

Phantasy Star week only has two LE bundles as far as I know, that are both exclusive to Sony's online store.

I think you're expecting far too much from it that week.  Vita has lost a lot of momentum lately.  Freedom Wars didn't boost to 35k.  I don't see why Phantasy Star would either.

You're repeating yourself.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Everytime someone posts this thread in the gaming section, I cannot find it.

Anyways nice holiday boost starting.

I am happy with WiiU sales

Switch!!!

Media Create back 30 (Mo has already done Dengeki, hooray!)

21 3DS The Animal Crossing: New Leaf (including bundled version) Nintendo
22 3DS Lego movie The Game Warner Entertainment Japan
23 3DS Dragon Quest X Online Square Enix
24 3DS Mario Kart 7 Nintendo
25 PS4 Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Electronic Arts
26 3DS Yokai Watch Level Five
27 PS3 Grand Theft Auto V new price version Take-Two Interactive Japan
28 PS3 Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 remix - (including Limited Edition) Square Enix
29 3DS Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 NAMCO BANDAI Games
Thirty 3DS Yoshi New Island Nintendo
31 XB360 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Subtitled) Square Enix
32 3DS Pokemon X / Y (including bundled version) Pokemon
33 3DS Disk Wars: Avengers Ultimate Heroes NAMCO BANDAI Games
34 Wii U Lego movie The Game Warner Entertainment Japan
35 3DS Kirby: Triple Deluxe Nintendo
36 PS4 Metro Ridakkusu Spike Chunsoft
37 Vita Chaos Rings III Purikueru Trilogy Square Enix
38 PS3 Border Lands Purishikueru Take-Two Interactive Japan
39 Vita Sword Art Online - Hollow fragment - (including Limited Edition) NAMCO BANDAI Games
Forty 3DS Space-time Big Adventure Guru DONTO and Taiko NAMCO BANDAI Games
41 PS4 OneChanbara Z2 ~ Chaos ~ D3 Publisher
42 Wii U Super Mario 3D World Nintendo
43 3DS Touch Detective Nameko rhythm Success
44 3DS ELMI Hivernage Ibun Amenomihashira Kai Starfish Esudi
45 Vita Super Hero Generation (including Limited Edition) NAMCO BANDAI Games
46 3DS Mario Party Island tour Nintendo
47 Wii U Dragon Quest X all-in-one package Square Enix
48 PS3 Call of Duty Black Ops II (dubbed version) 
(re Bargain Edition)
Square Enix
49 PS4 Psycho Break Bethesda Softworks
Fifty 3DS Style Savvy 
greedy declaration! Tokimeki UP!
Nintendo