By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V PS4 vs XBO comparison

rbej said:

Fake confirmed.

"Actually, it was a fake. This is from the Xbox One Version"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-grand-theft-auto-5-performance-analysis

"At first blush, we're looking at a very similar release to the Xbox One version - with only one really noticeable difference, the implementation of a lens flare effect that appears either absent or dialled back on Xbox One."

Do you have a source? And even if it is from Xbox One version this is from select areas. Look at this one which I edited.

Around the Network
torok said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

This is so true lol! But he had to have been joking....heck even Ray Charles could see that difference.

OT again:

I am not sure if this is XB1 and PS4 anymore. I just can't see it being THAT big of a difference between the two.

Now, jokes aside, I'm not buying such a difference, too. If it indeed is, then it may point to a lack of effort on the X1 version. That would confirm a problematic trend: GTA V has PS4 deal, X1 version sucks. AC Unity has X1 deal, PS4 version sucks.

Wow I never even thought of that. You are right....that would indeed be a problematic trend indeed.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Hiku said:
rbej said:
Sh1nn said:
So PS4 also has more stable frame rate and lans flare ? Nice.

Nice only if you are PS4 fanboy. If you are normal gamer, it does not matter.

PS. X1 framerate is very stable.

PS2. I have PS4. My GT:rbej77.

Greatings to all normal gamers, not blind and stupid X1 and PS4 fanboys.

No actually, even the non-fanboys/normal gamers who own a PS4 are getting a nicer looking version, if this is true. So it's nice for them too.

Yes. Lans flare change everything. Without this GTA V is uggly and unlayable. Poor X1 gamers....

I am happily getting my XB1 copy today, but I find this hilarious. #iaintevenmad

rbej said:
Hiku said:

No actually, even the non-fanboys/normal gamers who own a PS4 are getting a nicer looking version, if this is true. So it's nice for them too.

Yes. Lans flare change everything. Without this GTA V is uggly and unlayable. Poor X1 gamers....

Yeah your attitude says you are either an alt or someone who won't last long here to have JUST created adn account today.

Also Hiku was right if one of the two has a more stable framerate AND a more detailed/better looking version for the same price then it is indeed good for them even as a "norma' gamer" no one said anything about the XB1 version looking bad they just said the difference between it and the PS4 version was quite noticeable which is also true.

And most evens aid they were not sure if this was real and wanted to wait on my reliable sources so you seem a little upset/bothered by nothing IMO.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
I predict that even if this grass issue is some kind of stream issue or is randonly distributed in some areas or get pached at some point, we will be seing this gif and pics for years.

Even if every other aspect of the game is the same across both version.

Console warriors need every single advantage in their battle.

Console warriors.... dude, I love it. Well done. 

Tachikoma said:
reminds me of that game on ps3/360 that lacked foliage on ps3, now we have a role reversal

That game made by the same company?

rbej said:

You can read??

""At first blush, we're looking at a very similar release to the Xbox One version - with only one really noticeable difference, the implementation of a lens flare effect that appears either absent or dialled back on Xbox One."

You mock him with a statement like "You can read??", yet you didn't actually read the update right at the top of the article? You're being a tad hypocritical there, lad :p

Not saying this stuff is true, i'm waiting for DF to address it directly, but comments like yours are unnecessary.

Same resolution, the ps4 version has more stuff such as more grass! This is whats called taking advantage of more powerful hardware and ubisoft should take notes from rockstar

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That reminds me Mafia 2, where PS3 version had a lot less foliage. Then people started to say "PS3 has no grass"
Well...