By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted Games in Japan, Famitsu.

Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:

The games on the list in the OP for one....

Lot's of nintendo exclusives on the list. multiplats that may or may not come to wii u, kingdom hearts is no even 2015, and even a ps3 only (so far) in tales of zestyria. If anything, I'd say the list is balanced for both sides.

There are lots of Wii U exclusives on the list? Do you think I'm stupid or what? Take a look at the OP again and count, 2 Wii U games versus 9 PS4 games.

And lol at multiplats that may come to the Wii U, that ship has sailed son.

I looked at the comment above. I'm considering other wii u exclusives.

Other Wii U exclusives that don't even chart here, while disregarding the things in the list, brilliant. If we count those then we can just as well count the ton of PS4 games that haven't charted in there.

Dragon Quest Heroes alone is going to be bigger in Japan than any 2015 Wii U release, unless Nintendo decides to whip out a mainline Pokemon game for Wii U.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
Nem said:

Yeah... there is something wrong with Xenoblade X not beeing in there. I think its simply wasnt a choice in the poll.

I know theres some american stuff on Xeno X, but it shouldnt be completely shutting off interest in the Japanese croud. It will probably sell more than many other titles in the list so its definitly bogus. There is no way the Japanese are super excited for FFXV, but not for Xeno X when they look so similar in aesthetics.

Off-topic question: Do japanese people see this girl(FF15) as a japanese girl? if yes, seriously? O.O

Of course, because what you play is a still image of the characters and the japanese are known to value graphics above all that. Not to mention that one is in engine and the other a FMV most probably.

Dont throw nonsense around. You beeing excited cause you care about graphics doesnt mean its the standard for everyone else. May i raise you some mechs? Problem solved.

Nem said:

Of course, because what you play is a still image of the characters and the japanese are known to value graphics above all that. Not to mention that one is in engine and the other a FMV most probably.

Dont throw nonsense around. You beeing excited cause you care about graphics doesnt mean its the standard for everyone else. May i raise you some mechs? Problem solved.

Its as simple as this, just look at the JP sales and you will see how much Japan care for XCX compared to FFXV

1 Xenoblade Chronicles Wii 2010 Role-Playing Nintendo 0.41 0.24 0.16 0.07 0.87
1 Final Fantasy XIII PS3 2009 Role-Playing Square Enix 1.67 1.17 1.87 0.50 5.21
2 Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3 2011 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.77 0.70 0.89 0.26 2.63
3 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII PS3 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.22 0.17 0.44 0.11 0.94
4 Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster PS3 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.31 0.26 0.31 0.16 1.04
5 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.26 0.21 0.27 0.12 0.86

ktay95 said:
Nem said:

Its as simple as this, just look at the JP sales and you will see how much Japan care for XCX compared to FFXV

2 Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3 2011 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.77 0.70 0.89 0.26 2.63
3 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII PS3 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.22 0.17 0.44 0.11 0.94
4 Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster PS3 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.31 0.26 0.31 0.16 1.04
5 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.26 0.21 0.27 0.12 0.86

Its as i thought. This is turning into FF vs Xenoblade. That is not the point i brought up.

The point i brought up is that there is no way the japanese arent excited for Xenoblade X. Especially since they are about FFXV and their aestethics are similar. As in open world action combat with lots of vistas. I am a JRPG fan and i find them both extremely appealing. Having played Xenoblade i can also tell that Xenoblade X is gonna end up beeing the better game despite graphic comparisons.

Wow, surprised to see the 3DS Final Fantasy up near the top.

Around the Network
Nem said:
ktay95 said:
Nem 

Its as i thought. This is turning into FF vs Xenoblade. That is not the point i brought up.

The point i brought up is that there is no way the japanese arent excited for Xenoblade X. Especially since they are about FFXV and their aestethics are similar. As in open world action combat with lots of vistas. I am a JRPG fan and i find them both extremely appealing. Having played Xenoblade i can also tell that Xenoblade X is gonna end up beeing the better game despite graphic comparisons.

The power of brand, the console demographic, the public awareness, marketing, graphics and technical aspects Etc. FF is the flagship of Jrpgs. The list can't lie.

You can't objectively tell which game is going to be better, as XV Is a major departure from the previous games. That is not a well founded judgment, but I can respect it still.

shikamaru317 said:
Wait, am I crazy or was Xenoblade Chronicles X not on that list?

Xenoblade's popularity and acclaim is almost solely limited to Western gaming forums. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nem said:
ktay95 said:
Nem said:

Monolith Soft doesn't carry a lot of weight or good will. They don't have the following or fanbase to compare to the appeal of a mainline FF. (also, the images above are not a FMV. FF15 is that beautiful)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nem said:

Oh well if it isnt about FF vs XCX then this is all you need to know to see why XCX isnt on that list

1 Xenoblade Chronicles Wii 2010

Role-Playing

Nintendo 0.41 0.24 0.16 0.07 0.87

Similarities with FFXV mean nothing. Look at all the CoD clones that have failed, or the platformers that still cant see Mario whilst looking through a telescope. Being similar to a popular game does not make it popular.

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

I looked at the comment above. I'm considering other wii u exclusives.

Other Wii U exclusives that don't even chart here, while disregarding the things in the list, brilliant. If we count those then we can just as well count the ton of PS4 games that haven't charted in there.

Dragon Quest Heroes alone is going to be bigger in Japan than any 2015 Wii U release, unless Nintendo decides to whip out a mainline Pokemon game for Wii U.

what? are you serious?