By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted Games in Japan, Famitsu.

Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

I looked at the comment above. I'm considering other wii u exclusives.

Other Wii U exclusives that don't even chart here, while disregarding the things in the list, brilliant. If we count those then we can just as well count the ton of PS4 games that haven't charted in there.

Dragon Quest Heroes alone is going to be bigger in Japan than any 2015 Wii U release, unless Nintendo decides to whip out a mainline Pokemon game for Wii U.

what? are you serious?

DQH should sell 750k+ imo. At least 300k on PS4 if not more, WiiU has only had 5 titles sell more than 300k and the only title I can think of doing better next year on WiiU is Zelda if it can pick up from its Skyward slump.

Would like to point out though this is inclusive of its digital copy bundle with this sexy PS4

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

I looked at the comment above. I'm considering other wii u exclusives.

Other Wii U exclusives that don't even chart here, while disregarding the things in the list, brilliant. If we count those then we can just as well count the ton of PS4 games that haven't charted in there.

Dragon Quest Heroes alone is going to be bigger in Japan than any 2015 Wii U release, unless Nintendo decides to whip out a mainline Pokemon game for Wii U.

what? are you serious?

Yes, I'm serious. Do you know how popular DQ is in Japan?

ktay95 said:

DQH should sell 750k+ imo. At least 300k on PS4 if not more, WiiU has only had 5 titles sell more than 300k and the only title I can think of doing better next year on WiiU is Zelda if it can pick up from its Skyward slump.

Would like to point out though this is inclusive of its digital copy bundle with this sexy PS4

ps4 alone? it's on ps3 too? anyway, the discussion is about ps4 and if you think it's gonna do 300k, that's easy to achieve for other nintendo releases.

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

what? are you serious?

Yet, this isn't a dragon quest, just a musou game with a dragon quest skin. Zelda is huge on the west, yet it didn't make hyrule warriors sell 4 million+, did it?

Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

what? are you serious?

Yet, this isn't a dragon quest, just a musou game with a dragon quest skin. Zelda is huge on the west, yet it didn't make hyrule warriors sell 4 million+, did it?

Yeah, but it did make it sell better than a usual Musou game in the west would've, especially on the Wii U.

Now take a look at what a normal Musou game (an already pretty popular franchise in Japan) usually sells over there, add a DQ bonus (and remember DQ is huge in Japan) and then take a second to think about what Nintendo actually has releasing in Japan next year that is supposed to outperform that.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
ktay95 said:

ps4 alone? it's on ps3 too? anyway, the discussion is about ps4 and if you think it's gonna do 300k, that's easy to achieve for other nintendo releases.

Really?? This would beg to differ

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&platform=WiiU&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&sort=JP

Just 5 games, 2D Mario, NintendoLand, Kart, Fake 3D Mario and Wii Party U. As I said Zelda is their only announced game I can see beating it. After all games like Pikmin, MonHun, DK, DQ, fit, Taiko and Zelda's have all failed to hit that mark.

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

Yeah, but it did make it sell better than a usual Musou games in the west would've, especially on the Wii U.

Now take a look at what a normal Musou game (an already pretty popular franchise in Japan) usually sells over there, add a DQ bonus (and remember DQ is huge in Japan) and then take a second to think about what Nintendo actually has releasing in Japan next year that is supposed to outperform that.

this discussion won't end. just bear in mind ps4 has a very low installed base and a DQ skin won't make a musou game sell gangbusters. we'll agree on disagreeing here.

Materia-Blade said:

this discussion won't end. just bear in mind ps4 has a very low installed base and a DQ skin won't make a musou game sell gangbusters. we'll agree on disagreeing here.

Heres the best selling mainline Dynasty Warriors game on PS3 in Japan

3 Dynasty Warriors 7 PS3 2011 Action Tecmo Koei 0.23 0.12 0.46 0.06 0.87

Heres what a One Piece skin did to it

1 One Piece Pirate Musou PS3 2012 Action Namco Bandai Games 0.01 0.21 0.86 0.09 1.16

Heres what a DQ games sell

1 Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies DS 2009 Role-Playing Nintendo 0.61 0.66 4.35 0.14 5.75
2 Dragon Quest VII PS 2000 Role-Playing Enix Corporation 0.20 0.14 4.10 0.02 4.47
3 Dragon Quest III NES 1988 Role-Playing Enix Corporation 0.10 0.00 3.77 0.00 3.87
4 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King PS2 2004 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.65 0.75 3.61 0.20 5.21
5 Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi SNES 1995 Role-Playing Enix Corporation 0.00 0.00 3.19 0.00 3.1

You can see why everyone naturally expects big things from it, even on PS4's currently small install base.

PSN and GE2 will both boost the Vita. :D

ktay95 said:

Heres the best selling mainline Dynasty Warriors game on PS3 in Japan

3 Dynasty Warriors 7 PS3 2011 Action Tecmo Koei 0.23 0.12 0.46 0.06 0.87

Heres what a One Piece skin did to it

1 One Piece Pirate Musou PS3 2012 Action Namco Bandai Games 0.01 0.21 0.86 0.09 1.16

Heres what a DQ games sell

1 Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies DS 2009 Role-Playing Nintendo 0.61 0.66 4.35 0.14 5.75
2 Dragon Quest VII PS 2000 Role-Playing Enix Corporation 0.20 0.14 4.10 0.02 4.47
3 Dragon Quest III NES 1988 Role-Playing Enix Corporation 0.10 0.00 3.77 0.00 3.87
4 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King PS2 2004 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.65 0.75 3.61 0.20 5.21
5 Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi SNES 1995 Role-Playing Enix Corporation 0.00 0.00 3.19 0.00 3.1

You can see why everyone naturally expects big things from it, even on PS4's currently small install base.

But it's still not a dragon quest, we need to wait to know how mch it will sell. could be either a success or a failure.