By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just cancelled my GTAV PS4 pre-order (Update: Cancelled cancellation)

darkshadow23 said:
To be honest the only reason it has a 96 is because the game is GTA. If this were a remake of any other game it would have easily gotten a 95.

True. But since it's GTA I'm thinking 96 is way too low for $60

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Nice try but lacking. Not funny IMHO.

Yeah, better luck next time, OP

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I was on the fence until they unveiled FPS mode!

You just copy-pasted that thread someone made about canceling his Halo:MCC pre-order and changed the games didn't you? Bad little Ninsect!

I don't buy games below 99 on meta. Only game I have ever owned is The legend of Zelda: Oot.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:

Just cancelled my GTAV PS4 pre-order.

I was kind of on the fence about buying it anyway because I own the game on PS3 and I didn't really see the point of spending $60 on something I already have. The metascore (96) sealed the deal for me though - it's clear there's a few issues when an updated remaster of a masterpiece gets 96 when the original got 97 ...also the fact that I like 3rd person more than 1st person means that there's basically no added value to this for me anymore so I'll just stick with the PS3 version.

Anyone else do this after seeing the reviews and finding out it's worse than the PS3 version?

I understand what you mean but there is people that spend 60 bucks on far less thats always the same.  (insert random sports game here)

I bought GTA5 on PS3 für 17€ and I will buy it on PC when it comes out. So In total I will probably have paid 50 bucks. Im okay with that (especially because to all the new stuff, new songs, first person mode etc.  there is always MOD support on PC!)

Only a 96 metacritic...These "next gen" games are so disappointing.

Ninsect said:

Just cancelled my GTAV PS4 pre-order.

I was kind of on the fence about buying it anyway because I own the game on PS3 and I didn't really see the point of spending $60 on something I already have. The metascore (96) sealed the deal for me though - it's clear there's a few issues when an updated remaster of a masterpiece gets 96 when the original got 97 ...also the fact that I like 3rd person more than 1st person means that there's basically no added value to this for me anymore so I'll just stick with the PS3 version.

Anyone else do this after seeing the reviews and finding out it's worse than the PS3 version?

A wise choice in my opinion. I would wait for a price drop.

BossPuma said:

GTA5 for the Ps4 is 1080p/60fps right? Just wondering.

If so, thats all the reason in the world to get it over the Ps3 version

Last I checked, I believe it stood at 30 fps.

Mr_No said:
Now that you've cancelled your pre-order, what's gonna happen when the metascore goes up to 97? Because there are still some reviews that need to be added up there.

I will buy it and then resell it if it drops again

The One and Only

VizionEck.com