By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just cancelled my GTAV PS4 pre-order (Update: Cancelled cancellation)

Just cancelled my GTAV PS4 pre-order.

I was kind of on the fence about buying it anyway because I own the game on PS3 and I didn't really see the point of spending $60 on something I already have. The metascore (96) sealed the deal for me though - it's clear there's a few issues when an updated remaster of a masterpiece gets 96 when the original got 97 ...also the fact that I like 3rd person more than 1st person means that there's basically no added value to this for me anymore so I'll just stick with the PS3 version.

Anyone else do this after seeing the reviews and finding out it's worse than the PS3 version?

Update: Well it's back to 97 on Meta so I ordered it again. Anyone else do the same?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Doesn't necessarily mean its worse...its just nothing new

First Person/10

Would read again.

Is this a joke thread?

never even considered buying it again, it was fun the first time but not enough to make me play it again, and theres a lot of other "new" games that id rather play right now.

Around the Network

"Anyone else do this after seeing the reviews and finding out it's worse than the PS3 version?"

Yep, it's a joke thread.

The PS5 Exists. 

Doesn't necessarly mean it's worse. Although if you say you prefer 3rd person over 1st person I'd say you made a good decision.
I'm not a fan of remakes/remasters, except when they're several years apart and they have to be from different generations, but in this case I think the shift from 3rd person to 1st person is actually quite a good shift, game changer I even dare to say. But if you don't like it or you don't think it is very GTAish, then don't buy it. You'd be buying just for the sake of buying...

Nice one ;)

I have the limited edition in PS3 (you saw it). But I will buy again in PS4. Probably next month.

Mass cancelling of GTA V pre orders incoming. This will be the flop of the year, folks