By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 in 2008

MikeB said:
RSEagle said:
"Coming Soon" could mean any time really, it's pretty ambiguous. Considering GoW2 came out last year I don't think it's possible to finish a third this year without rushing.

Although I am not yet convinced GOW 3 comes out this year, it's 100% possible to do so without rushing. For example you could only need a seperate team concentrating on developing part 3 while God of War 2 is still being polished by the other team, then when done the God of War 2 team could for example join in on the PS3 effort.

Didn't for example the PSP Daxter team (consisting of former Naughty Dog and Blizzard devs) do God of War: Chains of Olympus for the PSP?

Yes, Ready at Dawn did both, and they are also the ones handling the Okami Wii port.

Around the Network

Ninja Gaiden II = 100x better then God of War anyways. Ill be happy if it does release or if it doesnt.

Fanatical111 said:
Ninja Gaiden II = 100x better then God of War anyways. Ill be happy if it does release or if it doesnt.

Shhhh. Thats something people who never owned an xbox don't know. Lets keep it that way...

disolitude said:
Fanatical111 said:

Shhhh. Thats something people who never owned an xbox don't know. Lets keep it that way...

uh...you heard of Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

I enjoy both games' combat but God of War has a good story as well. 

windbane said:
disolitude said:
Fanatical111 said:

uh...you heard of Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

I enjoy both games' combat but God of War has a good story as well. 

lol...damn it!

Around the Network

duke nukem forever is also "coming soon"... if You get the picture :)

but hey, if they manage to release it in time for holiday season, PS3 can have some serious shortages this year christmas.

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

But when this happened for GoW: CoO, it was supposed to come out last year, it got delayed to March of this year. We were supposed to be playing it last winter. It could happen.

I would like this to be true , but Il reserve my hype a bit :P Small chances for this to be true :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

No. Why is it that when a 3rd-rate blog releases the same story we all heard days ago with its own half-baked commentary added in, suddenly we treat it like new information? Look at the post. There's nothing new here -- just the same vague promotion on the back of the game manual. Oh, and they have "reports" and "sources" that say things may be further along than we thought. Reports and sources that they can't identify, or link to, of course. Was this the same blog that "broke" the story about the godawful fake Shadow of the Colossus 2 screenshot? The methods of journalism sure seem familiar.

"Coming soon" has never meant "this year," especially in these days of 3-year+ development cycles. If the game were ready to launch so soon, we would've seen screenshots and videos of it a year ago. Remember how ugly things were looking for the PS3 last year? If they had anything in a state worth showing, they would have shown it by now. Instead, it hasn't even been officially announced yet.

I expect we'll get our first glimpse of GoW3 at Gamers' Day or one of the other events this spring. But the game itself will launch in 2009 -- if we're lucky.

Anybody know what developer is making GoW 3? I know Jaffe isn't a part of the game. and PSP version was made by Ready at Dawn.

Thanks in advance

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)