By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 in 2008

Usually Sony's initial PS2 game promotion starts 6 months ahead of anticipated release. I'm surprised they are already promoting this game.

I know they cut some stuff out of the original God of War 1 which was stated to have been very cool, but due to technical limitations these ideas had to wait to be implementated on the Playstation 3. Maybe they started to plan the game way before the first PS3 dev kits became available, story, art, concepts, etc can be worked on before having a PS3 dev kit.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
tombi123 said:
I am very skeptical about this. If it does turn out to be true, then the PS3 line up this year would just be insane.

It would be, it would also give it a fine balance between this year and next year.

this year: R2, KZ2, LBP, MGS4, GoW3

next year: FFXIII, Afrika, Team ICO project, GT5 

2 confirmed AAA titles per year would be awesome. 

next year would also have the next ND title and probably the next Ratchet, and his year has infamous

GeoW was announced in Feb for a release in November, so is it that implausable that GoW will come out this year

Also, remember that there was a similar advertisement for GoW: CoO on the back of the GoWII manual, and that game was originally supposed to come out last Fall. It makes sense then that this booklet would hint at a release for this Fall. And they conveniently left off the year this time, in case of a delay.

Resistance 2, GT5, and GoW3 would sure be a nice holiday lineup...

makingmusic476 said:
Also, remember that there was a similar advertisement for GoW: CoO on the back of the GoWII manual, and that game was originally supposed to come out last Fall. It makes sense then that this booklet would hint at a release for this Fall. And they conveniently left off the year this time, in case of a delay.

Exactly.  But we shall see =) 

Around the Network

"Coming Soon" could mean any time really, it's pretty ambiguous. Considering GoW2 came out last year I don't think it's possible to finish a third this year without rushing.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

We have heard of a PS3 and with in a relatively short time had a release date: Resistance 2

wow liltle big planet, mgs4, gt5, gow, rfom 2, socom, motor storm 2, kill zone 2

450$ just on MUST HAVE exlusive games...the ps3 games just has too manny games gee ( i bet you never thought you would read that! HAA!)

ther must have games are gta iv, BBC, haze, teken 6 and manny more

i see my self spending over a thousand dollers on my ps3 this year lol :(

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

yeah I've heard this. BS, its not official, its only peoples speculation. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I'd guess a 2009 release is in order.

RSEagle said:
"Coming Soon" could mean any time really, it's pretty ambiguous. Considering GoW2 came out last year I don't think it's possible to finish a third this year without rushing.

Although I am not yet convinced GOW 3 comes out this year, it's 100% possible to do so without rushing. For example you could only need a seperate team concentrating on developing part 3 while God of War 2 is still being polished by the other team, then when done the God of War 2 team could for example join in on the PS3 effort.

Didn't for example the PSP Daxter team (consisting of former Naughty Dog and Blizzard devs) do God of War: Chains of Olympus for the PSP?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales