By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who needs games: PS4's first year [EUROGAMER]

I can see people's arguments from both sides and neither are really wrong. It just comes down to what type of games you like.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Blob said:

Fair enough hadn't even heard of half of those. Probably skip rachet and tearaway (depending on how much is changed) though as ive already played both. guess ill have to look into the rest.

well not much people own a vita and tearaway is a fantastic game, and 50% of the game is new content made for the PS4 version. as someone who was considering buying a vita for tearaway, i can say that this is one of my most anticipated titles for PS4. 

the games are different types with different budgets and ambition, and i personally see nothing wrong with that. 

Tearaway was easily my GOTY last year so you have something to look forward too.

bananaking21 said:
Blob said:
bananaking21 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Take a lesson from history. Sony always starts off slow but always ends up finishing strong.

If having 64 games more than your closest rival is 'starting off slow' then I'll take that.

well Sony already have 10 exclusives lined up for PS4 ready for next year. with an PS Event. The Game Awards and E3 2015 to announce new exclusives that can come out next year. so yeah, this is sony starting slow, but next year they are gonna crush it. 

Genuine question here, but apart from bloodborne, the order and possibly uncharted 4 what else have they announced?

rime, until dawn, tomorrow children, everybody is gone to the rapture, uncharted, bloodborne, ratchet and clank, alienation, the order and tearaway unfolded. 

Disgaea 5 too , and thats only for thé PS4 exclusives

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

First year of the ps2 i played Gran Turismo 3, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Jak and Daxter and a few others.

People who downplay the critisism of eurogamer weren't gaming back then i guess.

Back in the day, certain platform owners used to brag about having the better console version of a multiplat.

Around the Network
Panama said:

Back in the day, certain platform owners used to brag about having the better console version of a multiplat.

Well it cant have been ps1, ps2 or ps3 users as better multiplats never mattered to them.

I think it is all good and great for PS4.

Apparently WiiU was not selling because of games but now that has many, it still can't sell over 100k a week.

PS4 has little games and it is selling great...

whatever you do, you can never be sure what the reasons of a success are...

Switch!!!

fedfed said:

Apparently WiiU was not selling because of games but now that has many, it still can't sell over 100k a week.

Not to be one of those haters but when did the Wii U release "many" games? I own one and aside from the upcoming Smash I can't think of anything even moderately big to come out for the console since Mario Kart 8. I'll be one of the happiest people in the world if Nintendo would be consistent with their larger titles. Even one a month would be enough for me. Maybe I've been too busy with other things and missed some good games? I don't know. I'll gladly take recomendations though.

DexInDaJungle said:
fedfed said:

Not to be one of those haters but when did the Wii U release "many" games? I own one and aside from the upcoming Smash I can't think of anything even moderately big to come out for the console since Mario Kart 8. I'll be one of the happiest people in the world if Nintendo would be consistent with their larger titles. Even one a month would be enough for me. Maybe I've been too busy with other things and missed some good games? I don't know. I'll gladly take recomendations though.

The gaps between Wii U releases this year are bigger than those on the Vita, the term "many games" is a bit streched here :P

Blob said:
Panama said:

Well it cant have been ps1, ps2 or ps3 users as better multiplats never mattered to them.

Probably not with  FF and MGS being exclusives among a high majority of the best games.