By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who needs games: PS4's first year [EUROGAMER]

Moyu said:
DexInDaJungle said:
fedfed said:
I think it is all good and great for PS4.

Apparently WiiU was not selling because of games but now that has many, it still can't sell over 100k a week.

PS4 has little games and it is selling great...

whatever you do, you can never be sure what the reasons of a success are...

Not to be one of those haters but when did the Wii U release "many" games? I own one and aside from the upcoming Smash I can't think of anything even moderately big to come out for the console since Mario Kart 8. I'll be one of the happiest people in the world if Nintendo would be consistent with their larger titles. Even one a month would be enough for me. Maybe I've been too busy with other things and missed some good games? I don't know. I'll gladly take recomendations though.

The gaps between Wii U releases this year are bigger than those on the Vita, the term "many games" is a bit streched here :P

Yeah I know! I own a Wii U, I'd love nothing more than to have more options when it comes to their library.

Around the Network
DexInDaJungle said:
fedfed said:

Apparently WiiU was not selling because of games but now that has many, it still can't sell over 100k a week.

Not to be one of those haters but when did the Wii U release "many" games? I own one and aside from the upcoming Smash I can't think of anything even moderately big to come out for the console since Mario Kart 8. I'll be one of the happiest people in the world if Nintendo would be consistent with their larger titles. Even one a month would be enough for me. Maybe I've been too busy with other things and missed some good games? I don't know. I'll gladly take recomendations though.

Hi.

I was actually talking about the same tiem GAP. in teh first year, neither of them had many games but sales console are very differents.

Second. I thinkin Bayonetta 2 is great and it is worth every penny, Hyrule Warriors is not that bad either, ACTUALLY, you shoudl try it.

Switch!!!

So here's the million dollar question: Sony and Microsoft promised somewhere between 13-18 exclusives during E3 last year. Did they deliver?

fedfed said:
DexInDaJungle said:
fedfed said:

Hi.

I was actually talking about the same tiem GAP. in teh first year, neither of them had many games but sales console are very differents.

Second. I thinkin Bayonetta 2 is great and it is worth every penny, Hyrule Warriors is not that bad either, ACTUALLY, you shoudl try it.

I am for sure getting Bayonetta 2 around Christmas but not sure about Hyrule Warriors. I was never into that type of stuff ( I mean that genre of games not Zelda, Zelda is awesome.)

I haven't seen a reason to buy one but tbf, 2015 will be an awesome year. Think I'll get one once I see a good deal but for now I'm sticking with my 3DS. Oh I might get a Wii U with some of the bundles I'm seeing and the Smash reelase. But I do agree, a lot of the Wii U "exclusive library" is pointless as it still has little to offer imo which is why I've held back till now.

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
I haven't seen a reason to buy one but tbf, 2015 will be an awesome year. Think I'll get one once I see a good deal but for now I'm sticking with my 3DS. Oh I might get a Wii U with some of the bundles I'm seeing and the Smash reelase. But I do agree, a lot of the Wii U "exclusive library" is pointless as it still has little to offer imo which is why I've held back till now.

I kinda wish I had held back on the Wii U but I'm somewhat of a Nintendo fanboy xD Had I held back I most likely would have gotten a 3DS XL to replace my older 3DS model.

i feel as though this post is damn accurate.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

As someone who owns a PS4, I am truly dissapointed in the lack of quality first party games. I originally had all 3 systems this gen but sold my Xbox One to further fund my honeymoon this summer (mainly because I had a sub to psn and not xbl). This is truly a decision I regret as I should have sold my PS4 and rebought it next year.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

DexInDaJungle said:
kopstudent89 said:

I kinda wish I had held back on the Wii U but I'm somewhat of a Nintendo fanboy xD Had I held back I most likely would have gotten a 3DS XL to replace my older 3DS model.

It's what I did last year xD Even the nintendo fanboy in me didn't sway me to get a Wii U yet :P

GribbleGrunger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah and Sony even said there will be less AAA from them. Less AAA from Sony is still more AAA than Microsoft (unless they pay outsider companies).

It's just amazing how the press are trying to perpectuate this 'fewer games' mantra in the face of facts. If the PS4 has few games then why aren't we seeing articles written about the other console which has even less? I think it clearly shows there's still huge biased in this industry ... No, strike that, it don't THINK, I KNOW.

Yeah you don't think or not enough.  Because the Wii U has lesser games but most will agree with Bayonetta 2/Smash Wii U has a better exclusive games line up for the holidays compared to PS4 but still PS4 sell a ton more and yes it is a fact that the best selling games like Destiny/Cod/ TLOU are also on PS3..

It was a good year for a playstation console first year better than PS3 but at the end of this year it was very dissapointing games wise.

I mean we even have a PS4 bundle now with GTAV and TLOU...  Hey gamer do you remember when you bought those games last year on PS3? Well you should get a PS4 so you can play them again but this time on PS4..    

The future looks good and possible great though.