By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does 'nearly' 10 million shipped mean?

gergroy said:
It means it is closer to 10 million than it is to 0...

Which doesn't say much because 5.1 million is closer to 10M than to 0... :S

Around the Network

Nearly 10 million shipped would be any number from 9.5-10 mill.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Each day passes I think that maybe that's the number they expect to ship before Holiday season ends. Because if you expect to ship more, you remain quiet and you wait to say an even better number in December. This number right now will be compared to the number Sony will say probably in December so XBO numbers will look even worse than what really are...

Anyway, bad PR from Microsoft, again.

I would imagine they are expecting to cross the 10M mark after black friday... So likely 9M for the moment, possibly 8.5 depending on how stuffed the channels are!

When you spin the truth like this it's most likely to be the tip of the truth, the shiniest part. It's between 9M and 10M, just much closer to 9 than 10. They'll cross 10M by the end of the year, at leats they didn't totally lie. It's just that shortly doesn't mean in 3 days.

Around the Network

Will ship 10 million by December 31, 2014.

Aura7541 said:
gergroy said:
It means it is closer to 10 million than it is to 0...

Which doesn't say much because 5.1 million is closer to 10M than to 0... :S

Exactly...

Preemptive PR to deal with another NPD loss. Means pretty much nothing the more I think about it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

the feel of selling like PS4

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

The shipments will reach the 10 million mark soon to be ready for the holiday season.