By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Colorful Games On Consoles Aren't Selling Anymore

gigantor21 said:
I will never buy this argument as long as Nintendo is still in business and making money.

Their entire first-party lineup depends on "colorful games" selling well.

Maybe it depends on the audience they're aiming for.

A Mature rated game like Sunset Overdrive with those visuals doesn't exactly appeal to the masses regardless of how fun the game is.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Nem said:

For the most part its the sad truth we live in today, and the reason why i have a Nintendo system. PS4/X1 are too geared towards the grey/brown games. While i do like some of that, i wouldnt be able to stomach only that.

When it released on the X1 Sunset probably doomed itself. The Xbox croud is the croud that reveals the "bro" characteristics the most because it was a console born of a shooter - Halo.
The game would probably have done much better on the PS4 i believe, probably on the Wii U aswell. It was a bad fit in target audience.

With bayonetta 2 and devils third Nintendo is slowly going to that direction. And lets not forget E3 2012. They wanted to have those grey third party games in Wii U.

That's actually sad but true. Kids nowdays ask for realism, blood and mature stories. Of course, what they get are just laughable games, but still, they get what they want.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
That's actually sad but true. Kids nowdays ask for realism, blood and mature stories. Of course, what they get are just laughable games, but still, they get what they want.

The average age of a gamer is 33 years.

Most games on non-Nintendo consoles are better than most Nintendo games.

GTAexpert said:
Pavolink said:

The average age of a gamer is 33 years.

Most games on non-Nintendo consoles are better than most Nintendo games.

33 is an old average for kids nowdays. How things have changed. Now they ask their parents for smarthphones, tablets and the next gritty game. Crazy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Yes platformers don't do that well anymore unfortunately.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

daredevil.shark said:
Nem said:

For the most part its the sad truth we live in today, and the reason why i have a Nintendo system. PS4/X1 are too geared towards the grey/brown games. While i do like some of that, i wouldnt be able to stomach only that.

When it released on the X1 Sunset probably doomed itself. The Xbox croud is the croud that reveals the "bro" characteristics the most because it was a console born of a shooter - Halo.
The game would probably have done much better on the PS4 i believe, probably on the Wii U aswell. It was a bad fit in target audience.

With bayonetta 2 and devils third Nintendo is slowly going to that direction. And lets not forget E3 2012. They wanted to have those grey third party games in Wii U.

Nintendo is going in that directIon?  Ha.

Why don't you list the upcoming Wii U games for me please.  I could do it, but you would just skim the list at best and learn nothing from it.  Better to do the work for you.  

FYI the only Dark game I can think of that Nintendo is doing is Majora's Mask for 3DS.  The rest are about as dark as Mario Kart 8.

Limbo will sell 20 million this gen confirmed

someone forgot about knack XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

JazzB1987 said:

naruball said:
JazzB1987 said:

The only thing insulting here is your attitude and the ignorance that you display.

Calling people drones and "simple"? That's beyond rude. It's sad to see someone so close minded that he can't get that some people like things about games that he doesn't. 

How exactly can someone like Assassin Creed Unity's 20fps? You might accept it but its not really something you can like. (well you can like it compared to 10fps tho)
Thats the whole point of my comment. You also completely missed the point.

Saying that 90% of humans are simple is as rude as saying someone killed a pig to make Salami. Its no an insult or rude when people are that way on their own. Everyone can educate oneself and then leave that 90% group.

I wont add a reply to this "reply chain" also wont read whatever is written here. Have a nice weekend.

1. You're the one that completely missed the point. I love how you assume that just because someone disagrees with you, they missed the point. Far from the case. I never said that they liked 20fps. I said they like certain parts of the game and by that I meant better graphics, more enemies, more items to interact with, which means that perfmormance takes a hit. Some people are fine with easy enemies, a few items in their way, basic/cartoony graphics that don't have much detail, but 60fps. Do I think they're simple or drones? No. That's what they value the most and that's fine. It'smuch easier to make a game like Mario 3d Land run at 60fps than AC:Unity which is a much more complicated game. What I was referring to was people being more interested in playing a game with realistic graphics even if it runs at 20fps at times. So, yeah you're the one who jumped to conclusions. Since you care so much about psychology, have you done any research on people's inability to self-reflect, i.e. to even entertain the possibility that they are wrong and not everyone else? If you have the mindset that 90% of the people around you are simple it's highly unlikely that you'll examine whether you are wrong.

2. Yes it is. What if you have a son or a daughter who's not very smart and people call them "idiots". Are you gonna be be like, "well, they do have a point, so I guess they are not being rude". What if someone is fat and you call them "fat". Is that not rude? Even if that is factually correct, it's still a rude thing to say.

3. Great attitude right there.