By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 4 on PS4 – Bullshots VS. Actual in-game graphics comparison

Giggs_11 said:
kristianity77 said:
Tell you what, some people in here need to take a day off! Its a game! So what if it doesn't look like the bullshots being posted a while back. That happened to pretty much every game last gen on any console by any developer!

Far Cry 4 looks fantastic and I'm pretty sure 99% of gamers won't be playing annoyed that it doesn't look "quite" like still screenshots had made it out to look a few months back.

Honestly, some people need to get a different hobby, the amount of nitpicking recently is horrendous.

It's this kind of attitude that is bad for the consumers, and I mean not just this industry.

Apparently the Watch Dogs fiasco taught us nothing...

This is a joke right?

OK, I tell you what, I'll take what you say on board seriously if you never bought any game before that had bullshots printed all over the net.  

So, have you ever bought any of the following:

Gears Of War Series, Mass Effect Series, Uncharted Series, God Of War Series, GTA Series, Batman Series, Resident Evil 5 or 6, Last Of Us, Elder Scrolls, Bioshock Series, Red Dead Redemption, Call Of Duty, Crysis, Forza Series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Final Fantasy Series.  Honestly, this list could go on and on.  All of the games above require a quick scout of google to pull up doctored screenshots of before the games are released.

If you didn't buy any of the above and other games that took on this practice then hats off to you and you really are true to your word of not supporting this practice.  But then my question to you would be, what games do you play then exactly?

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network

why does the PS4 version look blurry? other than the blur it looks good enough.

Looks really rather good to me...

And let's look at high end PC

Let's also not forget that pretty much every game over the last 10 years has had bullshots

kristianity77 said:
Giggs_11 said:
kristianity77 said:
Tell you what, some people in here need to take a day off! Its a game! So what if it doesn't look like the bullshots being posted a while back. That happened to pretty much every game last gen on any console by any developer!

Far Cry 4 looks fantastic and I'm pretty sure 99% of gamers won't be playing annoyed that it doesn't look "quite" like still screenshots had made it out to look a few months back.

Honestly, some people need to get a different hobby, the amount of nitpicking recently is horrendous.

It's this kind of attitude that is bad for the consumers, and I mean not just this industry.

This is a joke right?

OK, I tell you what, I'll take what you say on board seriously if you never bought any game before that had bullshots printed all over the net.  

Gears Of War Series, Mass Effect Series, Uncharted Series, God Of War Series, GTA Series, Batman Series, Resident Evil 5 or 6, Last Of Us, Elder Scrolls, Bioshock Series, Red Dead Redemption, Call Of Duty, Crysis, Forza Series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Final Fantasy Series.  Honestly, this list could go on and on.  All of the games above require a quick scout of google to pull up doctored screenshots of before the games are released.

If you didn't buy any of the above and other games that took on this practice then hats off to you and you really are true to your word of not supporting this practice.  But then my question to you would be, what games do you play then exactly?

Mass Effect on sale, Uncharted trilogy on sale (maybe the 3rd at full price, can't recall, it was actually my twin brother who bought it), Batman on sale (didn't buy origins, but I'll do it when it's on the cheap), red dead (PS3 platinum series, so on the cheap), TLOU full price, call of duty Bops 2 bought it on sale and CoD:MW3 was offered by a friend (full price). Watch Dogs will buy on the cheap. Don't have yet PS4/X1 but when I do new metal gear, Gears, new red dead will all be day one buys. As you can see I buy a lot on the cheap, not easily sold only on the hype.

Bt that wasn't really my point. I even said in an earlier post that people can enjoy a game if it's downgraded, to me personally doesn't affect my expectations for the game as I don't let myself overhype. Hell, one of my most hyped games for 2015 is Devil's Third and graphically it looked garbage compared to others. But you know what, they're not bulshi**ing me with what they showed, I'm pretty sure it'll look much better come final build. The problem is there are a few companies who do this constantly, and gamers still buy tons of copies of their games instead of voting with their wallets. Destiny and Watch Dogs, particularly the latter one, were showed as masterpieces and completely defrauded the gamers. Still, yes I'll buy it but on the cheap.

You're walking on the street and passing by a restaurant there's employee they serve great snooth stakes and I ended up trying it and it ends up good, but not excellente you probably won't return there. If it's great but not excellent you'll probably return there when you're in the mood for it or there's nowhere better to go. If it really is excellente you'll probably go there on a regular basis.

Point is, what some of these companies is deceiving the consumers, specially the ones who are more impulsive buyers. In my opinion those are malpractices and I condemn it and so shall others do. The "they've been doing it for 10 years so that's ok" is just plain idiotic, no offense.

Giggs_11 said:
kristianity77 said:
Giggs_11 said:
kristianity77 said:

This is a joke right?

Mass Effect on sale, Uncharted trilogy on sale (maybe the 3rd at full price, can't recall, it was actually my twin brother who bought it), Batman on sale (didn't buy origins, but I'll do it when it's on the cheap), red dead (PS3 platinum series, so on the cheap), TLOU full price, call of duty Bops 2 bought it on sale and CoD:MW3 was offered by a friend (full price). Watch Dogs will buy on the cheap. Don't have yet PS4/X1 but when I do new metal gear, Gears, new red dead will all be day one buys. As you can see I buy a lot on the cheap, not easily sold only on the hype.

Bt that wasn't really my point. I even said in an earlier post that people can enjoy a game if it's downgraded, to me personally doesn't affect my expectations for the game as I don't let myself overhype. Hell, one of my most hyped games for 2015 is Devil's Third and graphically it looked garbage compared to others. But you know what, they're not bulshi**ing me with what they showed, I'm pretty sure it'll look much better come final build. The problem is there are a few companies who do this constantly, and gamers still buy tons of copies of their games instead of voting with their wallets. Destiny and Watch Dogs, particularly the latter one, were showed as masterpieces and completely defrauded the gamers. Still, yes I'll buy it but on the cheap.

You're walking on the street and passing by a restaurant there's employee they serve great snooth stakes and I ended up trying it and it ends up good, but not excellente you probably won't return there. If it's great but not excellent you'll probably return there when you're in the mood for it or there's nowhere better to go. If it really is excellente you'll probably go there on a regular basis.

Point is, what some of these companies is deceiving the consumers, specially the ones who are more impulsive buyers. In my opinion those are malpractices and I condemn it and so shall others do. The "they've been doing it for 10 years so that's ok" is just plain idiotic, no offense.

Its not idiotic though is it.  They have been doing it for 10 years.  The first gears of war is what 2006? That had bullshots aplenty.  Thats 8 years right off the bat. Bullshots probably originated on the PS2 as far as I can remember.  The Getaway was one of the first notorious for it and when was that out? 2003?  But it wasn't just that game.  Bullshots were used in other titles on PS2 like Black, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy X.  So rather than suggest its idiotic that Imentioned it had been going on for 10 years, do a little search and you'll realise its true. (I also never said that it was OK that it had been going on for 10 years, I merely stated that it had been thats all.  You decided to add in yourself that I said it was "OK", good job!

And one more thing.  You say that bullshots are deceiving "impulse buyers".  Surely an impulse buyer won't have trawled over the internet looking at bullshots in the first instance as an impulse buyer is a guy who goes into a shop, picks up an empty case and goes "that looks decent" and then buys it. If they have done research on what a game looks like beforehand etc then its not impulse it is? 

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
Giggs_11 said:
ICStats said:
BeardandBrindle said:
Am I missing something? The PS4 shots look gorgeous. Anyone who doesn't think they look good may want to consider an eye exam. Have you seen the game in motion? Beautiful. Same goes for Watch Dogs and AC Unity. Say what you want about the gameplay and the glitches......anyone who says these games look like crap needs new glasses. Makes me wonder if we're looking at the same game.

Ugh, this is why I rarely post on boards. The snooty attitude is insane.

I have to agree, the PS4 graphics still look gorgeous.  The originals are higher resolution probably from the PC or a very high resolution "photo mode", which is what game developers have been doing since forever.

Compare the standards for this, and Mario Kart 8, a game that is 720p with no Anti Aliasing and people on this forum called the graphics amazing.

Someone is a little butthurt they can't play Mario Kart...

And yes, MK8's graphics are gorgeous.

And "still look gorgeous" isn't the point here, I don't recall OP stating if the game either looks good or bad. It's just about what Ubisoft promises and what it delivers, 2 completely different things.

Whenever there's a thread like this (Watch Dogs, AC Unity, Far Cry 4, etc) a lot of "damage controllers" always come arguing "I like the game, it's actuallt great fun". Well that's not the point, it's about you being promised one thing and getting something else. But that's all on you (specially the ones damage controlling) cuz you keep buying it and defending it. Yes, you can enjoy the game but you don't have to defend them just because, you owe nothing to them.

Who says i don't have MK8?  I have the games in my sig.

It's not damage control at all.

Screwing up AC Unity like, going out and announcing that it's 30fps and then actually not being that is bullshit - and ACU has a lot of other problems as well.

Putting out marketing shots of the game that are "renders", is very common.  It's not just a Ubisoft thing.  It would be bullshit if they actually said "in game pictures on PS4" and they weren't.  If they've done that, I'm not going to defend them.  If they haven't done it, then I think it's just "complainers complaining".

My 8th gen collection

It's not like AC Unity, the game looks really good and technically, it's also good.

The game doesnt deserve a bad buzz like Unity, it's not a mess

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

After watching all these comparison, the downgrade is very small, not like Unity or Watch Dogs, and the after is even better for some

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I don't give a rat's flea-infested ass as long as the game is fun.

I've never, ever bought a game at E3. I buy games when they release. That's when I make my judgement, not six months before launch, when they're still working on the damn thing.

It's not nearly as bad, this still looks good.