By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo Figures Can Only Store Data From One Game At A Time

I wanted an Amiibo mostly for display though.

Cia when?

Around the Network

Well duh. How would they make money. lol

Dunban67 said:

That is exactly the point-  if you like having your Amiibo tied into your smash game and want to use it in a future tie in game you will have to either choose or buy another completely defeating the purpose of the cross game functionality they have been touted for 

You still get to use one amiibo with like, five games and all the non writing games that come out in the future. Sounds like cross game functionality to me...

I really don't get the outrage over this...you may have to buy another cheap figure if you want to buy another writing game and you want to keep your Smash data, but is that honestly that big of a deal? Really? Just sounds like entitlement to me...

Also, a lot can be done with NFC tech without using the write data as long as the interaction is programed into the game...theres no reason to believe that amiibo wont have "ongoing interaction" in games that read only (although I have to admit, I have no idea what you mean by ongoing interaction).

RealGamingExpert said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Does this mean that if I use it in MK8, I can't use it in Smash? :O

You can.

Smash is the only game that writes data on amiibos.

Okay, thanks!

If anything, I'll only use 2 or so amiibo's for Smash if there are other games that write on amiibo. @-)

Inb4 you can transfer data onto Wii U internal hard drive or other external hard drives.

Around the Network

Sorry this is a duplicate thread, the original can be found here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193183

Signature goes here!