By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo Figures Can Only Store Data From One Game At A Time

phaedruss said:
sundin13 said:
a. Old news...we already have a thread on this
b. This is write data only and the only game so far to use write data is Smash...the rest are read only

Meaning you'll have to buy another figure when more games come out with smash like functionality.

Also there is a huge "IF" that should be taking into account. SSB is a fighter so taking information makes sense thus "write data". All other games wont probably need this at all to bring into another friends house. MK would be the next be thing for write data but its read data tht unlocks costume of your choice.

The currently amiibos releasing are based off of Smash anywayz, so maybe other amiibos/cards (cards were mentioned as a cheap alternative to amiibos) might have write data. 

I think most will not neeed write data. Look at the upcoming games that will work with amiibos.

Captain Toad+Kirby+Mario Party 10. Do those look like games tht need write data :)

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
Clyde32 said:
You guys need to realize something.

Not all games store data with Amiibos. Smash Bros is the only game to do that so far.

Damage control man. Just like with the drop in quality people keep making excuses. The major selling point of these is that they were supposed to have multi game functionality. To deny that this news reveals a serious flaw in that approach is fanboyism of a high degree.

They still do. You just tap it on for Mario kart. It doesn't have to store any data. 

phaedruss said:
Clyde32 said:

Not all games store data with Amiibos. Smash Bros is the only game to do that so far.

Damage control man. Just like with the drop in quality people keep making excuses. The major selling point of these is that they were supposed to have multi game functionality. To deny that this news reveals a serious flaw in that approach is fanboyism of a high degree.

He's not denying anything, no game announced aside from Smash needs write data.

" The major selling point of these is that they were supposed to have multi game functionality " and it does, nobody said you need to buy an extra same amiibo to do so.

"  To deny that this news reveals a serious flaw in that approach is fanboyism of a high degree. " C'mon bro, only serious flaw here is not doing all of the research. Clyde has proof, and he is 100% correct. No excuse at all, just facts.

phaedruss said:
Clyde32 said:

They do. You can use them on multiple games.

It can only keep the data of one game though, but the only game that does that is Smash Bros.

U can still use amiibos on all games without deleting data.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Amiibo's work the other around .... they have unique ID code that will unlock content already on the disc. It's lame but Activision has made million dollars with this unique form of DLC. Think of Amiibo's of unlock collectable DLC that will work cross-game.

Around the Network

Does this mean that if I use it in MK8, I can't use it in Smash? :O

Isn't this the same for all NFC tags? My understanding is that the Amiibos are simply figurines with an NFC tag in the base.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Does this mean that if I use it in MK8, I can't use it in Smash? :O

You can.

Smash is the only game that writes data on amiibos.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Clyde32 said:

I don t know which would be more of a let down, Smash being the only game (including the future announced game tie in s) to store data aka have ongoing interaction in the game or if there are future games that store data you have to choose which ones you want to save data for

so far the more they disclose about Amiibo the less interesting they are -  once the collector wave buys them, sales will drop a lot until or unless they do more w these-   They will prob need a dedicated game for them to really succeed on an ongoing basis-  

sundin13 said:
phaedruss said:
sundin13 said:
a. Old news...we already have a thread on this
b. This is write data only and the only game so far to use write data is Smash...the rest are read only

Meaning you'll have to buy another figure when more games come out with smash like functionality.

....yeah, so? You could also delete the save data on the amiibo if you wanted to. 

That is exactly the point-  if you like having your Amiibo tied into your smash game and want to use it in a future tie in game you will have to either choose or buy another completely defeating the purpose of the cross game functionality they have been touted for