By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 the only new game this holiday to score 90+!

Smash will be up there. Not sure about the others..

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Seece said:

Because of its supposed importance and the fact it weights, outright declines good review sites and accepts mock ones (like that awful guy that rates every game 2/10).

Makes sense. Is GameRankings the same way?

I don't know if they weight, or have iffy practice when it comes to accepting/declining sites, but they're certainly not used as a measure of publishers and the likes I don't think.

Captain_Tom said:
So far.

All the big games are out aside for a few. Also all year there arent exactly that much 90+ that arent ports/remakes/etc.

#believeinLBP3

Congratz to Platinum so far though.

Between Smash, Far Cry, and LittleBigPlanet, I'm guessing two of those three will wind up at or above 90. Don't really know what to expect from the others.

GOTYs should be interesting this year, since many of the highest-rated and most high-profile releases of the year were rereleases (MCC, TLOU, GTA), and therefore will most likely be disqualified from contention, and most of the uber-hyped AAA blockbusters (Titanfall, Destiny, Watch_Dogs) were underwhelming.

What we're left with are a few relatively niche games vying for attention. The only really big game left is... Smash Bros... and for that reason I kind of hope it doesn't win. I'd rather see Dark Souls, Bayonetta, LittleBigPlanet, Shovel Knight, or something else along those lines be recognized.

Around the Network

Well, Bayonetta 2 is definitly a very enjoyable game. It deserves the praise.

smash and far cry are strong contenders

Dragon Age: Inquisition Meta score is currently at 89 with 20 reviews. That's another game that could be in the 90+ club

I think dragon age might go over 90 if it keeps up with the high scores. It's 89 on the ps4 right now.

DA: Inquisition could always go up to 90. Hoping it does but knowing reviewers these days they will find negatives such as "there is too much content" and of course Quartertoclicks will give it a 1-3 stars because of some obscure reason meanwhile peppering his reviews with meaningless comparisons to other games and even movies.