By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gaming Magazines... What's the deal?

Only us nerds know about this kind of site on the net! :0D

Around the Network

I still read Nintendo Power. Sure you can get the info on the internet, but I like reading the intervie, or segemnt right infront of me.

Video game magazines are nearly worthless since most of their "news" is known weeks beforehand to anyone interested via the Internet.  Combine that fact with terribly-written/worthless/biased/sell-out reviews, and most of all the pathetic state of video game "journalism," I can't see why anyone sane would pay for one of these magazines.  Do you really want to read more interviews with X company about how awesome their upcoming game will be (while seeing on the next page an ad for said game)?  If we had real journalists covering games, we'd see some real answers and accountability for things like broken Xbox 360s, Sony's outrageous claims (Toy Story!) that are conveniently forgotten, Nintendo's failure to give USA fans bonuses for registering their games a la everywhere else, and a ton more things that these fools ignore.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Gaming magazines give me something to do while in the bathroom.  As easy as that.

rjayb89 said:
Gaming magazines give me something to do while in the bathroom. As easy as that.

Can't you just masterbate like the rest of us? 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Although...there have been a few things from gaming magazines, like rumors or something like that Nights Wii picture...they are the start of a few rumors at least.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Still get mine!

Had the 3 free issues of Nintendo Power and was very disappointed and they were free too so that says something.

I don't usually read those. In Finland the magazines (just like the TV shows) base their rewiews to 1. Pre-hype 2. Foreign rewiews in the internet 3. On the most popular platform I find it much better option to read a magazine that focuses on a single platform, since that way you get comparable rewiews between different games (and if you own only one platform, you get just rewiews about games that are on your platform, 2/3 of the magazine isn't for nothing). In PC games magazines they usually have good sense of humor, but the rewiew doesn't tell you much about the game.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Only mag i read is ngamer (uk). They have good articles but mostly i buy it for their good sence of humour. Plus, the intrawebs tend to be less reliable than magazines..

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"