By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

Putting this list together is agony, so many game left off and I know I am forgetting at least a few games I'll slap my forehead when mentioned.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
Can we use the table option to input the games? I know just writing them down is easier, but I'm asking just in case.

Absolutely!

We just dont want images and a small novel describing why you love the game in there. Tends to take up quite a bit of space.

Also, 16 lists implemented so far! 420 unique games. :D

To get with the times I'll only include 1080p@60fps games this year.

Yes, it's finally starting!

Tomorrow is game #50 eh?

Let me start off the guessing-game then, with a long hint and quite a hard game to guess ;

-----
Game #50

Back when this game was released on the biggest European competitor of the generation's winner, graphics were still so primitive that the things on screen barely represented what they were supposed to be. This led to people using things like the box-art as a guide to know what they were actually playing and what the characters and environments were actually meant to look like. Publishers could of course just print whatever they wanted and thereby change the whole 'face' or 'theme' of the game on such box-arts.

This game in particular, ended up with a completely different theme in the United States compared to what it was supposed to be in Europe even though the theme in Europe was actually very stereotypical USA!

I haven't even started mine yet :o

Idk if I should include a nostalgia factor or not. Like, Jackal on NES was, to me, an amazing game in its time. But is it something I would play today? Probably not.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I haven't even started mine yet :o

Idk if I should include a nostalgia factor or not. Like, Jackal on NES was, to me, an amazing game in its time. But is it something I would play today? Probably not.

That's the challenge of it all. I mean, how do you balance the games you love today compared to the past games that have formed you as a gamer?

Good luck. :P

Looking forward to lists: My list has changed a bit including a few new titles

#50 The name of the game in a famous song

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

For those who don't remember, i have a three-pronged scoring system: combined score of 30 points out of 10 in three categories: First Impression, Replay, and Technical Score. First is how much i liked it right off the bat, second is how much i've replayed it or, for newer titles, how much i could see myself replaying it, third is how strong i feel the game is objectively (well-balanced gameplay, polished graphics, solid engine, etc).

Under this system, there was a 5-way tie for 50th place this year. However, one of those five obviously deserved the nod. Here are the 4 who just barely didn't make it:

Kirby Triple Deluxe (Nintendo/HAL Labs, 3DS, 2014)
Kid Icarus Uprising (Nintendo/Sora, 3DS, 2012)
Okami (Capcom/Clover, PS2/Wii, 2006/08)
No More Heroes (Marvelous/Grasshopper, Wii, 2008)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ok, I think I have my list sorted. Luckily there hasn't been much change from last year although some games have been pushed lower than I expected.

I wish I played more 90's games for a less biased list.

That said, Golden Sun Sark Dark is a huge disappointment. The GBA entries are among the highest of my handheld games, and DD won't make my list

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results