By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

My no. 50 is one of the last classic style wRPGs, and sequel to a Bioware game.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
My no. 50 is one of the last classic style wRPGs, and sequel to a Bioware game.

Baldur's Gate 2?

I have a question :

For games like Xenosaga (playstation 2) which was split in three episodes. Is that one or three items in the list ?

Symbios63 said:
I have a question :

For games like Xenosaga (playstation 2) which was split in three episodes. Is that one or three items in the list ?

3 obviously...

Already got my 50th up so I'll leave a hint for the 49th.

Anyone find it odd when numerical sequels take place centuries in the past from the previous games? Oh well, I suppose there is no time to waste. The fate of Europe lies with us.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Symbios63 said:
I have a question :

3 obviously...

Ok, thanks, this is sad for number 49 and 50 on my list... (And it is not because of Xenosaga...)

Symbios63 said:
KLXVER said:
Symbios63 said:
I have a question :

3 obviously...

Ok, thanks, this is sad for number 49 and 50 on my list... (And it is not because of Xenosaga...)

Well its mostly for fun. Making a list of the 50 games you have enjoyed the most in order is impossible.

S.Peelman said:

Yes, it's finally starting!

Tomorrow is game #50 eh?

Let me start off the guessing-game then, with a long hint and quite a hard game to guess ;

-----
Game #50

Back when this game was released on the biggest European competitor of the generation's winner, graphics were still so primitive that the things on screen barely represented what they were supposed to be. This led to people using things like the box-art as a guide to know what they were actually playing and what the characters and environments were actually meant to look like. Publishers could of course just print whatever they wanted and thereby change the whole 'face' or 'theme' of the game on such box-arts.

This game in particular, ended up with a completely different theme in the United States compared to what it was supposed to be in Europe even though the theme in Europe was actually very stereotypical USA!

Your hints are diabolical, Peelman

Is it an Intellivision game?

Here's my hint for #50:

A console remake of the first game in this franchise, which is getting its fourth installment next week.

My 50th game is considered by most to be the most hyped and disappointing game of 2014.

For my rating criteria I am going with (in order of importance):

1. First impression. If the game didn't wow me the first time I played it, screw it.
2. Replayability. If I put the game down and feel like I never need to play it again, it's out.
3. Nostalgia points. If I can recall a game fondly, chances are it is in.
4. Gameplay. This one is tough because it's like judging different sports starts of different eras against one another. Gotta be able to keep the limitations of the times in perspective.
5. Story. I enjoy a good story, but it isn't the be all end all for me.
6. Graphics. If I can't look at it without thinking it is ugly (for the wrong reasons of course, ugly by intent can be awesome) then it comes into play. Graphics though are the least important part of games for me.