By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Amiibo be a success? And can/will VGC somehow track the sales?

Tagged games:

Can ioi do it?

lolwut ioi iz nub haha 9 29.03%

He can do it! And he will be accurate! 5 16.13%

He can do it. But it won... 7 22.58%

ofcurs hi cen hi iz ioi h... 1 3.23%

it will be as undertracke... 9 29.03%

Total:31

Will sell like hotcakes. No doubt. Will initially sell more than Disney Infinity, but maybe a tad less than Skylanders.
But will outsell them both later on.

As for being tracked? Nah, it wont be.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
Nem said:
fory77 said:
Nem said:
The first shipments have sold out in hours. How can it be anything but a sucess?

Wat?

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2hf7lx/sold_out_on_amazon/

And others. You can easily google it.

FYI, a copule days ago I could still pre-order marth.  So either they got more shipments due to pre-orders being bigger or due to the quality drop some people dropped their pre-order.

They will seem like they will be a big hit over the holidays - Nintendo will keep supply low enough that they sell out often, the early buyers will mostly be non children collectors that mostly will not use in the games. There will be plenty of Nintendo fans on these boards and around the net talking like Amiibos are making billions but I don t think we will really know till mid 2015 at the earliest if they will be a blockbuster success or a relative "flash in the pan"

The more I see, read and hear about them the less interesting the whole Amiibo program seems....so far- but if they really comit to the program they may come up with a catch that makes Amiibo a longer term success but so far it seems they are testing the waters and not really sure what direction to go right now- if they were confident in selling them into the mainstream market now they would have had the, on shelves by Nov 1 at the latest

Nem said:
fory77 said:
Nem said:
The first shipments have sold out in hours. How can it be anything but a sucess?

Wat?

The link you provided says they are back in stock on Amazon and did not confirm a "sell out" before that 

Will it be a success is a vague question...what exactly defines a success? Will it make money? Obviously...the development cost is likely extremely low and they will make a profit on each figure. Will it make the Wii U sell a billion copies? Well no...it will likely have minimal effect on hardware (and what effect it does have will be mixed into Smash and Holiday making it impossible to judge).

I personally think that amiibo are here to stay and they gain more and more value as more games are released, but without a game of their own, they will never reach their maximum potential.

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
Nem said:
fory77 said:
Nem said:

Wat?

The link you provided says they are back in stock on Amazon and did not confirm a "sell out" before that 

I can confirm that they were sold out before. They would not let me pre-order the ones that he listed as being sold out.  Why woudl they do that if not sold out.  I could still pre-order others like Link and Mario

Mummelmann said:
I think they'll sell okay but really have any impact on the Wii U's current situation.

Not really. But it doesn't have to since they'll be making profit either way.

Hey I have 16 on preorder... They are going to make a lot of money... Everything that works towards a new Sin and punishment helps!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Mystro-Sama said:
Mummelmann said:
I think they'll sell okay but won't really have any impact on the Wii U's current situation.

Not really. But it doesn't have to since they'll be making profit either way.

That's true but Amiibo is touted as yet another savior for the Wii U's hardware sales, we've gone through quite a lot of them in the past two years or so.

VGC doesn't track Disney Infinity figures, Skylanders figures, or Barbies. Why Amiibos?

My 8th gen collection