By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, MSFT, Nintendo and more replacing VGX/VGA's with The Game Awards. Hosted by Geoff Keighley

Let the Nintendo decide how to run it (of course, supervised by choice members of Microsoft and Sony's PR groups) and have Sony's marketing hype the event up (similarly supervised)!

I mean last E3 Nintendo was pure awesome, and just look how well Sony hyped the PS4.

Around the Network

We all give Keighley a hard time because of some of his questionable choices *cough* mountain dew/doritos *cough*. But I do think that he is trying to make a decent award show for gaming. So we should show him some support in regards to the matter. Who knows, maybe we could get something awesome.

KLAMarine said:
the_dengle said:
KLAMarine said:

"musical performances"

WHY!?

"Now, here to perform Fly Me To The Moon from Best Original Soundtrack nominee Bayonetta 2, (popular musical artist here)!"

There is a way to do this right. But will they do it?

That'd be pretty cool but I question if they'll do this and not just shove some artist on-stage to try to get views.

I remember a while ago Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead was really into Red Dead and would even make comments on album updates about playing it too much etc. Even Jack White has gone on Dan Rathers interview show talking about how even though he tries to preserve music hes adapting and including stuff to reach younger different audiences even at the expense of the medium because he sees it as more important to reach people than to turn his nose up. Like the COD: AW commercial with the Raconteurs.

Colbert even had Ezra from Vampire Weekend and the Black Keys on in a joke bit about who could sell out more. I would imagine it would be geared more toward pop culture versus soundtracks of games.

DD_Bwest said:
CosmicSex said:
If its a real show celebrating games, there will be no promos. Exactly. Anyway doesnt anyone find the time and locale very interesting. Literally the same city and day before PlayStation Experience starts...

it is interesting, but i wouldnt read to much into it other than it provides publishers with a better podium for the content they want to show.  I imagine the playstation experience was known about for a time within the industry, so they very well could have simply decided to have it there and then for logistics.  since everyone from so many companies will be there, and fans will be coming in to see the sony thing, Im sure it makes everything alot easier.   i think i even heard geoff mention on gaf that the sony show is one of the reasons they were comfortable with having the thing in a 7000 seat theater

Can't argue with that reasoning.  Thanks!  I know it sounds silly, but decent longical replys are hard to come by these days.  Its quite refreshing actually :)

I like the sound of this. After last year's blunder, it's good to have a refresh of these awards. Black tie gala or a more casual thing?

Around the Network

Well hoping the shows will not suck like VGX, still they need to include some game footage and more unreleased game trailer on the shows, and no more false hype.

Cool!