By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, MSFT, Nintendo and more replacing VGX/VGA's with The Game Awards. Hosted by Geoff Keighley

Oh boy. Can it be worse than the VGA/VGX awards? Let's just wait and see.
Sounds like it's still just going to be much the same.

Awards shows are dumb enough in every other medium...

Around the Network
vivster said:
So they renamed VGX?

That's what it sounds like, though to his credit I think Geoff know what was wrong with it last year. I think it's more of a desperately needed revamping and rebranding.

the_dengle said:
vivster said:
So they renamed VGX?

That's what it sounds like, though to his credit I think Geoff know what was wrong with it last year. I think it's more of a desperately needed revamping and rebranding.

It will be no different if it has actual involvement of manufacturers and publishers. You know what they think gamers are like. And even more so it will be a commercial showcase rather than a show about the industry.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

"musical performances"

WHY!?

"appearances by game developers"

I remember when X-Play started doing that. Game developers are nice and all but they're not always the most charismatic or interesting people. Often times they would bore me on X-Play since before that, X-Play would handle previews with some humor mixed in.

"eSports players"

Could be cool I suppose.

"online content creators"

Like Lets-Players? Not sure if want.

I wish these kind of things weren't so bias. I don't want a text or tweet my vote. The past award ceramonies have been awful. Microphone cutting in and out. Person hosting never being good entertaining and dosen't connect with the audiance. It's about time something better comes along. I hope this is better.

Around the Network

Thank fucking god. Vgx and vga were just so terrible where as this sounds promising

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If its a real show celebrating games, there will be no promos. Exactly. Anyway doesnt anyone find the time and locale very interesting. Literally the same city and day before PlayStation Experience starts...

Except they didn't get rid of one of the most annoying parts of the VGA/VGX shows. Disappointing.

Also, one of the worst parts of the show was seeing Rockstar show up to accept their award, dressed like they were at something respectable while the cohost made awkward jokes and the boys outside were higher than hell screaming about potatoes. Every 20 seconds they said Titanfall (Which to this day is the most overhyped game ever).

CosmicSex said:
If its a real show celebrating games, there will be no promos. Exactly. Anyway doesnt anyone find the time and locale very interesting. Literally the same city and day before PlayStation Experience starts...

it is interesting, but i wouldnt read to much into it other than it provides publishers with a better podium for the content they want to show.  I imagine the playstation experience was known about for a time within the industry, so they very well could have simply decided to have it there and then for logistics.  since everyone from so many companies will be there, and fans will be coming in to see the sony thing, Im sure it makes everything alot easier.   i think i even heard geoff mention on gaf that the sony show is one of the reasons they were comfortable with having the thing in a 7000 seat theater

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz