By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, MSFT, Nintendo and more replacing VGX/VGA's with The Game Awards. Hosted by Geoff Keighley

Anything than that VGX shit. Thank god.

Around the Network

Anything is better than the atrocity that was VGX last year.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

This sounds great. Cant possibly be worst than the VGXs. Also good to see the big3 work together. But I'm still sceptical on a few things, for exemple how will these compagnies work together in harmony and be objective while naturaly wanting to push their product above other's.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Nothing to protest about this. High time the industry did its own thing, much like British BAFTAs

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Good. The VGX is horrible.
I really hated it last year. Jokes were abysmal. They fixed them so every game would get an award (defeats the point) and was SO illogically planned that the GOTY was announced in the middle of the show.
So, I welcome this.

Around the Network

Oh shit are we going to get an actual awards show?? This sounds awesome!---

"The “Game Awards” also will be produced as an awards show that hypes new games with a first look a trailers and other content, along with musical performances, appearances by game developers, eSports players and online content creators."

Never mind, it sounds like the same dumb shit we got at VGX. What's even the difference? Notice at the Oscars etc they don't waste your time with exclusive sneak peaks of upcoming movies. Even though as gamers we want to see these, they should be kept separate from the awards show. Musical performances? Like the Los Vegas Philharmonic performing video game music, or is MISTER WORLDWIDE gonna show up to perform something entirely unrelated to video games? And online content creators? So Tobuscus and Pewdiepie are being invited back?

It's possible this thing turns out better than VGX, but for now I'm skeptical. I need more details.

So far, holding it in an actual theater is a definite improvement. It sounds like Geoff is the driving force behind this, and he seemed actively displeased with last year's VGX the whole way through, so I'm a little bit hopeful that he knows what needs to be done.

What was wrong with the VGX awards?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

replacing vgx or just another show?

Weird if Geoff hosts both within days of each other

So they renamed VGX?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not a big fan of it. But then, I don't like these kind of shows where half of the people is there by obligation, most of the time is wasted with filler (musical performances? Really? Haven't they realized after the many times they have tried it at E3 that this is the less wanted part of a show?) and the host/s and guests try to be funny but end up being just lame.

Thanks but no, thanks. I'll watch the new trailers the day after that, if there's something worth watching.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.