By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, MSFT, Nintendo and more replacing VGX/VGA's with The Game Awards. Hosted by Geoff Keighley

We should have Gamer awards...

Around the Network

well this is certainly interesting, and the day before PS exp, those 3 days are going to be epic.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Last VGA was embarrassingly bad so it's not surprising to see the big ones abandoning it in favour of this new one. I wish Keighly would stay away from it though.

From Producer Geoff Keighley:

Today I'm proud to announce The Game Awards 2014, a new show that will be coming in just one month's time. After spending over two decades working in games media, this year I'm creating a new independent celebration for our industry.

Starting out on a new path is never easy, but I'm deeply humbled to have the entire game industry rally behind this new celebration. In the coming days and weeks there will be much more to tell you about what's planned for December 5 at the AXIS Theater in Las Vegas, including information on the awards, the world premieres and much more.

More than ever our industry -- the fans, the developers and the media -- need to unite and show the world the power of games. I look forward to celebrating with you on December 5, whether you join us in person in Las Vegas or online.

Thanks,
Geoff — @geoffkeighley

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

This sounds awesome.

Give me some reveals and awards and I'm pleased.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

i guess it makes sense to have this in vegas, since so many of them need to be in vegas the next day lol

Keighley also was heavily involved in vga/vgx .. I don't expect this "new" show to be any different

Sounds even more like a big marketing stunt than VGA's were.
Well there's always BAFTA'S.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I guess it can't be worse than VGX (I only watched the highlights of that but it was awkward). I hope it's not some Oscar-level snorefest though. I don't like it when the video game industry has to legitimise itself by copying other industries.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Good. We need a universal awards show that we can respect. The VGAs are and have always been a joke.