By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 08 November 2014 (COD AW%= PS4 35% XB1 32% 360 21% PS3 11%)

I'm confused, when XB1 had the higher selling version of destiny, people attributed that to the destiny bundle. Now all of a sudden the COD bundle means nothing, does this chart count bundles? The COD bundle was constantly at the top of charts before launch. 

Around the Network

I wonder how big the hit will be for Destiny seeing so many people playing AW now. Well, perhaps we will get stats by Bungie monthly.

walsufnir said:
Scientificreason said:

Cod is associated with xbox

This is wrong since a few years. Sales from last gen clearly show this.

cod is associated as a multiplat like fifa or gta
but that doenst change the fact, that xbox is in general a shooter box, if u look at its audience.

btw. i still wait for some quotes and links. as i dont saw them, i cant search myself. i should not even know, where i have to look.

true_fan said:

I'm confused, when XB1 had the higher selling version of destiny, people attributed that to the destiny bundle. Now all of a sudden the COD bundle means nothing, does this chart count bundles? The COD bundle was constantly at the top of charts before launch. 

US and UK are counted differently. In the UK games in bundled packages (including download codes) are counted toward SW sales/charts. In the US only retailer bundles are counted eg. Destiny was an official bundle so the SW sales in that weren't included, whereas in the UK they would have been.

Another example now: COD:AW X1 bundles would of counted to the X1 SKU of COD:AW in this chart, but for NPD they won't as it's packaged in box/official bundle. Hope that clears it up.

true_fan said:

US and uk are different bundles are counted in UK.  Cod bundle was expensive.  Also using amazon's hourly charts is misleading. 

Around the Network
true_fan said:

I believe this chart does but this chart would not give a good indication as far as I know because Destiny PS4 topped the charts in UK anyway.  The NPD was different however and it was stated that bundles were not included in that tally. 

prinz_valium said:
walsufnir said:
Scientificreason said:

Cod is associated with xbox

This is wrong since a few years. Sales from last gen clearly show this.

cod is associated as a multiplat like fifa or gta
but that doenst change the fact, that xbox is in general a shooter box, if u look at its audience.

btw. i still wait for some quotes and links. as i dont saw them, i cant search myself. i should not even know, where i have to look.

Given the top sellers of last gen I can't think of PS3 not being a shooter box.

Edit: And this will even get "worse" with PS4's sales.

Makes sense now thanks.

true_fan said:

who did that? every new ip has low last gen sales.
look at watch_dogs, destiny etc

they dont have a fanbase on last gen. cod, fifa, gta and asscreed are games with a big fanbase and would still sell great on last gen (fifa15 and cod:aw showed this)

yes uk pal charts include (even digital) game bundles.
but what cod xb1 bundles was constantly at the top of charts before launch?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_h__12#4
#71 hourly
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-10/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#5
not in top 100 for october

i dont know any other uk retailer with charts. maybe u are confused with us charts?

amazing PS4>XOne in CODis that right,,is it the first time playstation wrestled COD the biggest franchise of them all back from Xbox,good stuff,impressive

not surprised XOne COD>360 COD,i guess people are just not as satisfied any more with the 360,isn't that how it is said,have to move on sometime

its funny how people always say its funny how people always say,guess i never remember people saying destiny would be a COD killer,how stupid would that be,good to see COD moving to playstation though can only help PS4 sales more in the UK to take back the UK from Xbox

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt