By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you liked much more/less on your second playthrough

I really liked fable more on the next playthrough and more and more until I got everything and maxed my character very early on to the point i could walk slowly through a crowd of enemies and have everything die around me like the ants that they were. I was a God that could kill everything just by being near them. Good times.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
 Look at Heavy Rain as the archetype for the decisions actually mattering.

Actually, no: it's the same case for Heavy Rain. That is the pure definition of a game giving you illusion of choice. Playing a second time makes you realize how little decisions matter, (Something along the lines of what OP asked) since you are pretty much forced to go through the 80% of the game exactly as you went the first time.

I LOVED TLOU the first time through. Then I bought Remastered and got bored about half way through. It's so story focussed and the gameplay doesn't really change much in the latter half. Once you know the story there's just not that much left for me.

Metroid Prime I loved the first time through, and noticed so many little details on my second, third and fourth times through that it just got better and better.

Wind Waker I thought was a blurry, slow mess the first time through. WWHD is one of my favourite adventure games now.

OK off the top of my head.

The Last of Us Remastered. On the PS3 I played it on normal and that was it. Barely touched the online.

On the PS4 I completed it on survival and survival +. What an experience! Then i complete the 2 online journeys. Loved it to bits on the ps4.

Heavy rain was good the first time but some characters died like norman jayden at the bull dozer scene so i missed out on some cool levels and endings. For that reason alone it was better second time plus i knew who the killer was so when i played the earlier levels i was like no way i never seen this coming at all first time i played it.

Infamous 2. Went back to get the platinum recently and it was better than i thought it was the first time.

worse would be hogs of war. loved it to bits on the ps1 but the controls are too clucnky now and the graphics are meh!!

gta 4 i played recently and the graphics are just so bad. takes away from the experience after playing gta 5. hopefully gta 5 will be better when i play it again on the ps4.

I always thought Killzone was amazing, then played the as other characters. Then it was boring because they were just the same.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
Locknuts said:

I LOVED TLOU the first time through. Then I bought Remastered and got bored about half way through. It's so story focussed and the gameplay doesn't really change much in the latter half. Once you know the story there's just not that much left for me.

Metroid Prime I loved the first time through, and noticed so many little details on my second, third and fourth times through that it just got better and better.

Wind Waker I thought was a blurry, slow mess the first time through. WWHD is one of my favourite adventure games now.

didn't you say recently you sold your ps4 and you had no games for it? 

platformmaster918 said:
Walking Dead. It just had no damn difference no matter what you did. At best you got to keep another character for a few extra scenes. It was ridiculous how little everything changed when I made the exact opposite decisions. Everyone the same dies and every major event happens just the same. People got mad at ME3 for its ending and I thought TWD was just as bad as far your decisions mattering. Look at Heavy Rain as the archetype for the decisions actually mattering. Whole scenes would either not be there or be significantly changed at the end and even before the end depending on your decisions at various points.

The Walking Dead wasn't even fun to play and your choices didn't mean anything. Unfortunately the illusion fell apart for me on the first playthrough, acceleration by the pathetic frame rate on the PS3 disc version

Loads are saying the Last of Us, but I've never wanted to go back. The first playthrough was just so perfect. That ending was truly amazing

But Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD reminded me just how good the game was. Having played II and BBS since, I really loved the slow and awkward way the game plays and then the progression through the game is amazing. The gummi ships still suck...

every single Uncharted, TLOU and Vanquish

I played these games so many times... it's crazy

It's the gameplay that brings me back everytime, you have perfect control over your character and it works so damn well. they get better the more you play them :)

Kerotan said:
Locknuts said:

didn't you say recently you sold your ps4 and you had no games for it? 

No I had TLOU remastered. And I didn't sell it I did a straight swap for a Xbox.

Super Mario Bros 3. Dat P-Wing.

Really, any game with "new game plus" gets an instant replay. Chino trigger, Bayonetta, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey.

Metal Gear games get better because you spot little plot details during follow up play throughs.

Worse? Uncharted. All of them. Once the story is done and the graphics no longer impress, I find them pretty painful to play through. I probably tried replaying the second one half a dozen times and getting bored after one or two levels.