By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie says Nintendo’s next console won’t launch until the Wii U is out of potential

Tagged games:

Is Reggie right?

Absolutely 175 51.47%

Yes 50 14.71%

Probably 23 6.76%

Maybe 16 4.71%

No. 46 13.53%

ATARIIIiiiiii 29 8.53%

Total:339
prayformojo said:
Five year cycle. Bank on it.

Probably a 6 year cycle, like the GameCube.

Around the Network

So a normal life cycle for Nintendo consoles then? I say the Wii U "is out of potential" in 2017.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

So this means another 10 years or so as I haven't play anything with potential on the Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

They're waiting for the PS4 to peak (likely 2 or 3 years from now)... There is little to no point in launching now.

Also, they want to come up with the next gimmick I guess, maybe a cartridge based console? Brain wave based controls?

The important thing is that they should release a machine with more FLOPS so it does not flop... something significantly more powerful than the PS4... at a decent price (I would pay 500 - 600$ for a really powerful console, but many people won't).

Potential what? Sales? We know it's never going to be a success in that regard. Use of hardware? They're not even trying to use the gamepad...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

They are going to release a super console within two years.. No way they let themselves fall behind PlayStation like they have for another entire year

mM
TheLegendaryWolf said:
prayformojo said:

2001-2006...

TheLegendaryWolf said:
prayformojo said:

The Gamecube was 5 years (2001-2006).

Burek said:
OMG, new console is launching this holiday season....

Looks like I'm too late.  Only took three minutes.

*Insert lame joke about the Wii U*

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"