By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Kirby Thread! Cork Screw Rainbows OMG!!!

Metacritic Score Range?

90 or above! 1 6.25%

85-89 3 18.75%

80-84 8 50.00%

79 or lower 4 25.00%

Total:16

Welcome to Official Kirby Thread! Here you can find all things Kirby!

Main Characters:

Kirby: Our main hero! This pink puffball can transform into many things including a bell!

Meta Knight: A mysterious villian who helps King Dedede ;he can also be a anti hero...

King Dedede: King of Dreamland and is main villian of kirby series

Waddle Dee: Usually the Henchmen of King Dedede, he is one of the most iconic kirby characters(plus hes playable in the new game).

Kirby Games(Note official main series games only ;I will add spinoffs later(minus canvas curse games):

1: Kirby's Dream Land- 1992 

2: Kirby's Adventure- 1993 

3: Kirby's Dreamland 2-1995

4: Kirby Super Star-1996

5: Kirby's Dreamland 3-1997

6: Kirby 64: Crystal Shards-2000

7: Kirby and the Amazing Mirror-2004

8: Kirby Canvas Curse-2005

9: Kirby Squeack Squad-2006

10: Kirby Ultra Super Star-2008

11: Kirby's Epic Yarn-2010

12: Kirby's Return to Dreamland-2011

13: Kirby Triple Deluxe- 2014

14: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse-2015

Now Lets Talk Spin Offs

Kirby's Air Ride

Kirby Mass Attack

Powerup of the Week!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Post!

Releasing in Febuary 2015!

This is a new sequal to the 2005 Kirby game Canvas Curse and uses a claymation art style!

It will Feature 4 player multiplayer and you use the wii u gamepad to control Kirby and defeat bosses and get to the goal(uses stylus from wii u gamepad)!

Box Art!

Kirby Rainbow Curse will release

January 22 for Japan

Febuary 12 for NA

and ? for EU

Major Kirby Trailers!

e3 2014:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEOsvTmcoE

November Direct:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzYl8POBtT4

December 25:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWFgS5b9Vc8

Amiibo Info:

Kirby: star Dash at any time

Meta Knight: meta knight mask and higher attack

King Dedede: kigher hp and hat

Pictures: 

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Tagged! I love Kirby and all things related to Kirby!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hope everyone enjoys this thread plus new poll is going up

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

There seems to be a real lack of excitement for Rainbow Curse, I'm saddened to say.

I haven't heard anyone talking about its ND appearance, and it was similarly overlooked at E3.

Around the Network

I'm excited, I loved Canvas Curse so I'm sure I'll love Rainbow Curse as well. Though I'm not to fond of the clay style they're going for this time but that's just my first impression, it may change once I get used to the look.

Anybody else catch the fact that Rainbow Curse is only going to be about $40 in Japan. You guys think this game will get the Captain Toad treatment overseas as well?

curl-6 said:
There seems to be a real lack of excitement for Rainbow Curse, I'm saddened to say.

I haven't heard anyone talking about its ND appearance, and it was similarly overlooked at E3.

yeah I do feel bad for it

Im hyped though :)

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

SJReiter said:
Anybody else catch the fact that Rainbow Curse is only going to be about $40 in Japan. You guys think this game will get the Captain Toad treatment overseas as well?

That would be wise; it's very hard to convince people to spend full retail price on a 2D platformer these days, sadly.

curl-6 said:
SJReiter said:

That would be wise; it's very hard to convince people to spend full retail price on a 2D platformer these days, sadly.

Nintendo did recently say they would experiment with lower software prices. I think it would be wise for them to price games based on budget or selling power. Save the $60 price tag for the big hitters, games like Toad/Kirby/Yoshi should be $40.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.